Icon 7-9 4 link - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Icon 7-9 4 link

Hey guys I am getting ready to install my new lift on my 09 CCSB f250. I am running the Icon Vehicle Dynamics 7-9 4 link Coilover lift with One Up Offroad Traction bars and blocks in the back.

My question is, I am putting one Toyo Open Country MTs 38/15.50/20s on it with a 20x12 at first, but I want to eventually run a 10 lug 22 set up on 40s.

Does anyone know anyone who has cranked out 10-12 inches out of the Icon lifts?

I am sure I would have to run a different coilovers, track bar, and stuff, but any advice will help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2010, 10:51 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Not gona happen.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryt View Post
Not gona happen.

Yeah and why is that?
Old 05-26-2010, 10:03 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Well its a 7-9" coilover thats why...
Old 05-26-2010, 10:08 AM

Yeah I am aware of that, I bought the kit. What I was asking is if there was a way to get more out of it, with running different coilovers, different trac bar, all that. thats what I was asking. I have seen 8 inch fabtechs get cranked out to 12, Pure Performance go to 11, 8 inch rize go to 12, I was asking if anyone knew the best way and what I would need and if anyone had experience with it or knew someone who has.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrenne777 View Post
Yeah I am aware of that, I bought the kit. What I was asking is if there was a way to get more out of it, with running different coilovers, different trac bar, all that. thats what I was asking. I have seen 8 inch fabtechs get cranked out to 12, Pure Performance go to 11, 8 inch rize go to 12, I was asking if anyone knew the best way and what I would need and if anyone had experience with it or knew someone who has.
There are several problems with this. We get calls all the time from people who stretched out their Fabtech 8" kits and are now experiencing death wobble. The stock drag link on '05+ SDs is very nearly maxed out at 10" of lift. The Rize 12" system uses a center link crossover steering system to overcome this. The next issue is that the geometry of the Icon 4 link system was not designed for over 10" of lift. You will find that it pulls the axle back excessively which will cause rubbing on the back of the fenders.

My advise is to buy a system which was designed for your desired lift height.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:40 AM
KING of BLING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrenne777 View Post
Well it really all depends on the 4-link bars and how much you can get out of them. I see the dr/icon bars being maxed out somewhere around 10". Remember that is same 4-link used in their 4.5" kit. And also only the lower link bar is adjustable. Also the trac bar and steering are going to be your next issues.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:49 AM

Thanks a lot guys. I have heard a lot of great things about this kit I bought, and with this truck being a daily driver, I think it will be plenty big enough as it is. Seems like going bigger is just a headache. Id much rather have a bad*** 8 inch lift than a sketchy 10 inch lift.

A little off topic, but since I know you both know you stuff, what do you guys recommend I run for tires and wheels?

I want to run the 20x12 Fuel Offroad Hostages with toyo open country Mt 38x15.50.20s but Mike at Icon told me hed suggest a 20x10 with a 37x13.50 or 38x15. I figured hes playing it safe since it is his kit, woud I have problems with the 38x15.50 on those 20x12s? thanks a lot to the both of you.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

You will have some rubbing issues with 37s on 20x12s or 38/15.5s on 20x10s. You may be able to shim the bumper forward and do some fender trimming to get around this. Here are a couple of examples:

Old 05-26-2010, 11:15 AM

Thanks Marty, If it was your truck, and you werent doing a 16 inch OUO lift on it haha

say you were running my kit, The Icon 7-9 4 link with Coilovers, What would you do for a wheel/tire set up?

Another thing, I got the 4 link upgrade, should I have just gotten the OUO link arms instead? I am sorry about all the questions, this is my first time doing a lift, so I want to make sure I do it right and dont look and and be able to say should have done....

So far I have the Icon 4 link with coilovers and the OUO Traction bars and block

http://www.trucktoyzstore.com/realm/...idcategory=420

Is there anything that I should change around. All parts are still brand new, never even put on, so if there are things I need to change, I can sell the old. I just want to build the best kit I can. Thanks a lot.

Last edited by cjrenne777; 05-26-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.