Post leveling Issue/question. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post leveling Issue/question.

I put the rough country levling kit for Diesels on my 02 extended cab long box PS. (it was an add a leaf) It did raise the front close to 2 inches from where it sat. However it still sits exactly 1 inch lower in the front than in the back. I also measured my friends Identical truck with the gas engine and 100K less miles and it is also 1 inch lower than his. Now all that said would it be safe to assume my leafs sagged an inch over the past 8 years and 180k miles? And if so can I add one more inch of lift without messing with the Pitman arm and track bar. I have a 1inch block and another layer of spring I could throw one or the other on in no time but do not want to do so if im putting too much stress on the existing parts. Definatly to not want to break a trac bar or mess up my stearing. Your suggestions would be greatly appriciated, thanks Ray
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2010, 03:07 PM

Subscribing
Old 05-06-2010, 06:15 AM

Any One? you guys cant keep all this knoledge to your self.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:26 AM

After researching a little, it seems that 2.5" is the highest you can go without new track bar/pitman arm. Your talking about going to three inches so I guess that would be just enough to put you where you need an adj. track bar.

Out of curiosity, did you install you add-a-leaf underneath the two existing leafs, or in between? I tried to do mine yesterday and had all my tools layed out, pulled the tire off and set the axle on a jack stand. But then I could get the jack high enough to lift the frame, lol. even with blocks on the jack, I still didn't have a jack stand high enough to set the fram down. I don't get under trucks sitting on a jack. Jack stands only.

Anyway, I'll be trying it again next weekend after I pick up a dozen solid concrete blocks from work to raise the jack and jack stand. Instead of doing the level kit, I started to service my front auto-hubs. I pulled the clip off and grabbed hold of the hub and pulled. It would budge, but thats about it. I could feel the o-ring flexing and holding, but I couldn't get it to let go.

So, since I could do the two major things I wanted to get done this weekend, I just decided to wash the truck and be done with it. Well, It was so hot and my truck is black, so the soap was drying on the truck before I could finish washing one door. So now my truck is no longer dirty, there's just soap streaks all over it. It was an irritating day yesterday.

OK, done ranting - all I was really wondering was the placement of the add-a-leaf.

thanks
Old 05-09-2010, 06:50 AM

Post up some pics............I would think it would look OK only 1 inch lower, and if you where towing or hauling it might not have as much tail sag.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:58 PM

I am assuming you took off the sway bar , shock and Caliper, thoes have to come off to get the truck to raise enough to put the next layer of leaf under the existing leafs which is the way the rough country leveling leaf i bought works.

I will post some pics, but im not worried about tail sag, I raised the back with an extra layer of leaf as well, Im doing this to give my 315s more clearance . Im just wondering if the front has sagged an inch, can I go up three which would only be two from stock?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:23 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You can use a 3" hanger or any combination without a drop Pitman arm, you will need a adj track bar.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:38 PM

Thanks much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.