Kelderman Air Lift - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Kelderman Air Lift

hey everyone,
new to the forum and am trying to find my way around the site....so my question is what do you guys think about the kelderman 6-8 inch lift for 2010 f250s....a list of pros and cons would be very helpful

i like the adjustability of the lift so that i can change it to different heights depending on where i am but i dont really like how the rear link bars are....are they strong or do they bend after time....any help is great
thanks
-Bubba
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2010, 07:46 PM

i hope i don't make enemy's here with this post ( remember this is an opinion ) i would not worry about the bars bending , its the clamp that connects the bars to the joints that i don't like . on low rider ( bagged trucks ) the link bars have a all tread bolt that goes through the bar and connected by a nut welded to the end of the bar .
on a kelderman lift the bars are connected by a type of clevis joint ( two half moon pieces that grip the bar ) imo that is the weakest link of the lift besides that the engineering is on point .
Old 05-02-2010, 07:47 PM

since im in the thread ill just say that they've always looked like pretty good quality to me? i think they're a lil pricey but if you want it get it. moneys money it comes and goes
Old 05-02-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverse customS View Post
i hope i don't make enemy's here with this post ( remember this is an opinion ) i would not worry about the bars bending , its the clamp that connects the bars to the joints that i don't like . on low rider ( bagged trucks ) the link bars have a all tread bolt that goes through the bar and connected by a nut welded to the end of the bar .
on a kelderman lift the bars are connected by a type of clevis joint ( two half moon pieces that grip the bar ) imo that is the weakest link of the lift besides that the engineering is on point .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael707 View Post
since im in the thread ill just say that they've always looked like pretty good quality to me? i think they're a lil pricey but if you want it get it. moneys money it comes and goes
thanks for the quick responses...yeah those links are what i was thinking about exactly, i was looking for a second opinion. haha yeah they are pretty pricey, i didnt want to spend money on it if i was not sure about it......thanks a lot
-Bubba
Old 05-02-2010, 08:28 PM
KING of BLING!

I have installed their kit before and the brackets are almost too thick. They add a lot of weight and I have heard of them ripping holes in the frame. The plus is nothing rides better than airbags.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeFord4x4 View Post
I have installed their kit before and the brackets are almost too thick. They add a lot of weight and I have heard of them ripping holes in the frame. The plus is nothing rides better than airbags.
wow thanks for the info, i really don't want to risk anything wrong.....i would rather stick with something a little more common. thanks a lot
-Bubba
Old 05-03-2010, 04:18 AM

Look into my air lift thread...I am almost done installing a PMF kit, and all I will say is IMO just by looking at both kits on trucks...its built better and stronger and will cost you LOTS less...LOTS.

Heres a pic almost finished.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:06 AM
Chapter Director

Pahrump - That truck is siiiiick!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahrump View Post
Look into my air lift thread...I am almost done installing a PMF kit, and all I will say is IMO just by looking at both kits on trucks...its built better and stronger and will cost you LOTS less...LOTS.

Heres a pic almost finished.

wow, your truck is sweet, i looked at your thread, it looks like it is really a bolt on lift which would be nice. i like the look of the rear four link as well, if you dont mind me asking, was the lift above or below 5k? i know that the keldermans are about 12 or 13, which is a chunk of change. the lift and your truck looks great, thanks for the help
-Bubba
Old 05-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
they are def not going to be as much as a kelderman but def over 5k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.