Kelderman Air Lift - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Peninsula-Bay Area
Posts: 1,428
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Kelderman Air Lift

hey everyone,
new to the forum and am trying to find my way around the site....so my question is what do you guys think about the kelderman 6-8 inch lift for 2010 f250s....a list of pros and cons would be very helpful

i like the adjustability of the lift so that i can change it to different heights depending on where i am but i dont really like how the rear link bars are....are they strong or do they bend after time....any help is great
thanks
-Bubba
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 05-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 55
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i hope i don't make enemy's here with this post ( remember this is an opinion ) i would not worry about the bars bending , its the clamp that connects the bars to the joints that i don't like . on low rider ( bagged trucks ) the link bars have a all tread bolt that goes through the bar and connected by a nut welded to the end of the bar .
on a kelderman lift the bars are connected by a type of clevis joint ( two half moon pieces that grip the bar ) imo that is the weakest link of the lift besides that the engineering is on point .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 05-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: crescent city
Posts: 198
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
since im in the thread ill just say that they've always looked like pretty good quality to me? i think they're a lil pricey but if you want it get it. moneys money it comes and goes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 05-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Peninsula-Bay Area
Posts: 1,428
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverse customS View Post
i hope i don't make enemy's here with this post ( remember this is an opinion ) i would not worry about the bars bending , its the clamp that connects the bars to the joints that i don't like . on low rider ( bagged trucks ) the link bars have a all tread bolt that goes through the bar and connected by a nut welded to the end of the bar .
on a kelderman lift the bars are connected by a type of clevis joint ( two half moon pieces that grip the bar ) imo that is the weakest link of the lift besides that the engineering is on point .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael707 View Post
since im in the thread ill just say that they've always looked like pretty good quality to me? i think they're a lil pricey but if you want it get it. moneys money it comes and goes
thanks for the quick responses...yeah those links are what i was thinking about exactly, i was looking for a second opinion. haha yeah they are pretty pricey, i didnt want to spend money on it if i was not sure about it......thanks a lot
-Bubba
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 05-02-2010, 08:28 PM
KING of BLING!
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Orleans(Super Bowl XLIV Champs!!)
Posts: 1,634
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have installed their kit before and the brackets are almost too thick. They add a lot of weight and I have heard of them ripping holes in the frame. The plus is nothing rides better than airbags.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 05-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Peninsula-Bay Area
Posts: 1,428
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeFord4x4 View Post
I have installed their kit before and the brackets are almost too thick. They add a lot of weight and I have heard of them ripping holes in the frame. The plus is nothing rides better than airbags.
wow thanks for the info, i really don't want to risk anything wrong.....i would rather stick with something a little more common. thanks a lot
-Bubba
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 05-03-2010, 04:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Beaumont TX
Posts: 3,802
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Look into my air lift thread...I am almost done installing a PMF kit, and all I will say is IMO just by looking at both kits on trucks...its built better and stronger and will cost you LOTS less...LOTS.

Heres a pic almost finished.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 05-03-2010, 05:06 AM
Chapter Director

 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Magnolia, DE
Posts: 786
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pahrump - That truck is siiiiick!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 05-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Peninsula-Bay Area
Posts: 1,428
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahrump View Post
Look into my air lift thread...I am almost done installing a PMF kit, and all I will say is IMO just by looking at both kits on trucks...its built better and stronger and will cost you LOTS less...LOTS.

Heres a pic almost finished.

wow, your truck is sweet, i looked at your thread, it looks like it is really a bolt on lift which would be nice. i like the look of the rear four link as well, if you dont mind me asking, was the lift above or below 5k? i know that the keldermans are about 12 or 13, which is a chunk of change. the lift and your truck looks great, thanks for the help
-Bubba
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 05-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,355
Thanks: 23
Thanked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
they are def not going to be as much as a kelderman but def over 5k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors