Oh man what a difference - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oh man what a difference

So finally after 130 000 miles one of my shocks finally wore out on a trip to Reno where it started to chew up my tire.
So I ended up replacing the stock shocks with a set of Monroe Reflex shocks. From what i read they are similar to Edelbrock shocks. My other choice was Bilstein or Rancho 9000 but the Bllsteins were on back order and the Ranchos I had them before on my other trucks and I dont think they were that great for the money I spent for them.
it was pretty easy to install the shocks. i think i did all four shocks in about 30 minutes with basic hand tools. Im gonna take the truck out for a ride tomorrow and Ill let you guys know how it goes. just driving it down the street to turn around and re park the truck it felt smoother and not as wobbly/loose but ill get a better idea tomorrow.
ill let you guys know how the shocks feel. i got them for 220$ at a local auto parts store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Retired Army

Sounds good let us know how they are after you drive a while on them
Old 05-01-2010, 06:29 AM

my parents truck needed shocks after 90000 miles and as soon as they got their new shocks put back on the truck drove like a race car again. they also replaced the stabilizer shock.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to thesmokinstroke02
my truck has 133k and still stock shocks . let me know how you like these
Old 05-01-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmokinstroke02 View Post
my truck has 133k and still stock shocks . let me know how you like these
lol dude really? heres a link to four bilstein 5100's for 366 bucks Bilstein 5100 Complete set of 4 Includes (2) F4-BE5-6249-H5 and (2) F4-BE5-6250-H5 - Bilstein 5100 Series - Off Road Unlimited i would do it if i had the money. or unless you dont have much a lift you could get these RMX Xtreme Shocks idk how much they go for but they ride awesome on my dads truck and he only has 4 inches of lift
Old 05-01-2010, 06:54 AM

alright cool ill look into those in june when i have my open house and ahve some money. but yeah its bad the front 2 are maxed out too because of the leveling kit so they rattle and ****. its just bad lol.

on a side note: how do you like your diesel innovations tunes
Old 05-01-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmokinstroke02 View Post
alright cool ill look into those in june when i have my open house and ahve some money. but yeah its bad the front 2 are maxed out too because of the leveling kit so they rattle and ****. its just bad lol.

on a side note: how do you like your diesel innovations tunes
idk theyre not to bad, my truck came with that chip, but idk the truck sputters if i turn it up to the higher settings. i only have 3 power settings. the trucks gets with it when i have it on the 3rd setting though. the chip was probly installed on the truck about 2-3 years ago maybe more. id like to try something else out but no moneys. what i DO like is it has a high idle setting. what i dont like though is sometimes when i go to change the setting the truck will do this little sputter and then keep idling but its like you can tell when it gets that extra bit of fuel when it changes settings, sometimes though the truck will just die when im sitting there and i change it to high idle or something? its frickn stupid i dont understand it
Old 05-01-2010, 07:10 AM

wow that is stupid and im sorry for your luck. i like mine but i dont like how some of the tunes shift. i have stock, high idle, 80 tow, 100, 120, 140 and on the 80 tow tune its great thats waht i drive mostly in at 55 mph im cruising at 1450 rpms with the converter locked but in the 120 tune its constantly locking and unlocking the converter. the 140 tune basically ****s n gets but it smokes A TON lol.i like it but its gonna get something different sooner or later.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:17 AM

ya **** and gits is basically the term when it comes to the 140 setting. if im at a red light, when it changes to green the slightest bit of pedal will basically make it like im flooring the truck. one time that happened to me when i was making a left turn at an very small intersection, my truck launched and almost went into th other guys lane cause i had it on the high setting and wasnt paying attention lol!
Old 05-01-2010, 07:21 AM

lol yeah ive done that. ill say one ting though when that high tune is on and your just easin into it it shifts hard enough to jar your brains lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.