96 powerstroke all spring lift issues - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 08:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
96 powerstroke all spring lift issues

I bought a 96 psd and it had a lift on it when i got it with 35's that where brand new. The longer i drove it the more i noticed the inside of the tires where wearing really bad so i took it for a alignment and was told they couldn't get it aligned properly because the drop brackets for the ttb appeared to be to long. I am trying to figure what the hell the guy that put it on did or if he ordered the wrong brackets accidentally. I need to know the measurment of a stock truck from the center of the hub to the the fender. Can anyone help me with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

that will change depending on how much your springs are sagging, which sounds like that is the case, you may just need to get new springs, or re-arch yours, and might as well replace all the spring bushings while your in there.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The springs aren't sagged out I had them looked at by a spring shop. The bushings in the springs where brand new when i bought the truck. The spring shop told me the easiest way to figure this out is i need the measurment from center of hub to fender off of a stock truck because even with sagged out springs they can only sit down so much. The spring shop is very reputable and does great work so I am trying to follow what they told me to do before I go spending a ton of money.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well the measurement from the center of the hub to the fender isn't going to matter much if you have a lift on the truck, because the lift will change that length. I would suggest maybe putting a jack under the frame of the truck, and lifting it (causing the wheels to drop down as the truck gets raised up) until you get the proper caster/camber angle. You may want to check out the pivot bolt on the bracket as well, it should have a cam shaped washer that will allow you to change the pivot angle which may help fix your alignment. Only other thing that could affect your caster/camber is ball joints to, so you may check those out.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I know the measurement on mine so i need the measurement off a stock truck so i can see a rough difference between the two because there is a pretty good chance that the drop brackets are six inch and should only be four inch. And if a tire shop couldn't align my truck then im probably not going to be able to do much for it myself. The ball joints are fine in it i replaced them a month after i bought it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.