Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

truck not tracking straight

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  USMCTJ13 
#1 ·
ive got a 97 crew cab long bed with 6in lift, my buddie was driving behind me the other day and he said the rear of the truck was about 4in to the left. ive noticed alot of the ford vans do this. is it a common problem? do i need an alignment or....any help would be great, thanks.

#2 ·
Where are stationed?? I am on lejeune and we could meet up as far tracking I would have the alignment done first its like $60 once you that is correct and everything is striaght and true then you can start dignoseing the problem

#4 ·
im stationed at NAS Oceana in VA Beach. thanks for the info, ill have to look into the leaf springs. the drivers side tire rubs the springs when i turn left also.

#3 ·
Those year trucks have been known to crab walk, that is due to the front spring shackles being mounted on the front, instead of the rear. There are a lot of companies that offer shackle reversal kits for a few hundred dollars. I would check to be sure you don't have a broken center pin in the leaf springs, you can visually inspect to make sure axles look straight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.