Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Leveling Kit Help

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Aggie007 
#1 ·
Ok, so i'm looking to purchase a leveling kit for my truck so i can fit 35's. My question is, i've seen both 2" kits and 2.5" kits. Which one do i go with? I don't want my truck to have any rake at all, however i also do not want the rear to sit lower than the front. I've seen some improperly lifted trucks like that and it looks terrible imo.

My truck is an 07 Extended Cab, shortbed, XL. Can you all help me out?

#2 ·
2" inch should get you just about level. 2-1/2" puck/spacer system will most likely put just a bit of negative rake (rear-end tucked). Mine initially sat about 1/2" lower in the rear before I put the F350 blocks in. I'd recommend switching out to the F350 blocks if you use a 2-1/2" spacer system. I dont know what a 2-1/2" spring system will do; I've never seen one that I know of.

#3 ·
Go with the bigger one and get you some blocks or a add a leaf out back. Love the way my 2.5" sits. Its not level cause I got the add a leaf in the back. Runs 35s easy

#5 ·
well, i'm eventually going to lift 4.5". But i want to just use a spacer to level the front for now so i can get the wheels and 35's i want. then when i've got some more cash i'll get the full lift.
i dont mind getting a 350 block for the rear, as long as that wont mess up my lift in the future.

#6 ·
I can guarantee you that you will regret getting a leveling kit now if you plan to get a 4.5" in the near future.

I would just wait (if you have to) to get the 4.5" and you will save a lot of headache and heartache down the road. The difference in price is not that much, if you're planning to do it right either way.

Truck Toyz website

Mark

#8 ·
why will i regret it? Here is my dilema. I want to get 18's and 35's. They wont fit on my stock truck. And if i lift it 4.5" on the 33's i have now it will look stupid. so I was planning on getting leveling spacers and F350 rear blocks for a total of $160, then i can fit the 35's and ride around until i've got the money for the lift. Kinda hard to drop $4k at once right now.
the 4.5" lift i plan on going with is the ICON lift.

#9 ·
Icon has the one inch spacers. It will make the truck more level for now until later. You can use them with the 4.5" kit to get 5.5". They are cheap and don't require any modification to the shocks or the rear blocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.