front leafs uneven - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
front leafs uneven

I have a 99 f-250 SD SC 4x4 built 2/99 with the 7.3.
the d-side has sagged an inch below the p-side. I want to get it leveled out side to side and at the same time level it front to rear. It now has the smaller f-250 blocks in the rear (came with the taller ones but I swapped them out). It still sits higher in the rear (p-side fenderwell is 2.5" lower in front than rear).

now, since it is uneven, I know I have to replace the leafs. problem is, I have to be able to get this rig into my garage with a 7' door. it currently has 265's but it needs tires and I am going to go up to 305's or preferrably 315's.

What makes this a problem is that most if not all 2.5" leveling front leaf packs say you have to have the f-350 block for it to be level. If I put it up that high, I am 99% sure it won't fit in the garage with 315's and 305's might be too tight.

So, any ideas? I have thought that I could put stock replacements then add some shackles to get it a little higher than stock for an f-250, but I don't want to do that if there is a good set of leafs that will get me where I need to be. I also need shocks as these are the originals, so I was hoping to just get a leaf pack leveling kit-just afraid it will be too tall.

If I wasn't limited by garages, then I would shoot for the sky, but I have to be realistic.

and of course, price matters. I don't want to be putting a grand into getting it level

any help is appreciated.
thanks,
Kyle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

no advice?

all I am after is a new set of front leaf packs that will sit me 1.5-2" over stock f-250 height. All the new packs I have seen for leveling have been to level an f-350 which I don't have.

surely someone has advice?
Old 03-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

You could order the front springs from ford that they used on the snow plow equiped trucks. K code or something like that.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

those were X code springs
I am afraid those are going to ride stiffer than what I have and I would like to improve the ride, not degrade it if possible.
thanks for the response though

My plan at this time is to purchase some of the 5 leaf diesel leveling springs offered by either Superlift, ProComp, Tuff Country, or Rough Country and install those and see how it sits. If it is too high, I will remove one of the leaves to make them 4 leaf packs (the gas engine leaf packs have only 4 leaves) and go from there

Anyone have experience they would care to share with any of the above mentioned replacement leaf packs?
Old 03-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just be aware that the multi leafs that Super Lift uses are different then just adding a leave to gain height. Each leaf has a lower spring rate and when combined as they sell them gives the added height with out the harsh ride. I ran their 9" lift system back in 01. So removing a leaf might be ok, but more then that and I would be concerned about the over all spring load capacity. Aldo know that tires with a taller side wall will ride softer... so the taller tires you plan to run will give you some softness.

Why not just replace with stock springs, then add your tires, make sure you still fit in the garage then add a spring kit to the front to get your leveled stance?
Old 03-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

X codes will not give you a stiffer ride. I have em and if anything the ride is much better than it was with the Vcodes it came with. I vote X codes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.