new member with alot of questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new member with alot of questions

I have a 2000 f250 powerstroke with a 8'' fabtech lift

my plans are to buy the fabtech 5.5'' front fabtech leaf springs and changing the blocks or removing the add a leaf from the rear to lower the truck

I,m also going to change all the ball joints and bushings in the front end. Im going to replace the center bearing on my drive shaft while I'm at it

I am hoping this will help me get a little better mileage (don't care if doesn't) Cheaper tires better handling and a little softer suspension, but most of all will stop the front of my truck from feeling loose it feels like I can turn the wheel both ways a little and the truck does nothing and it wanders so you have to constantly steer it . Also when i leave from a dead stop i feel a thud from the rear before i move
it is getting worse. the last time this happened the dealer said they needed to service the slip yoke and it stopped.

so I was wondering if doing the things above will help solve my problems and if there is anything else I should do

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
If you could live with a 4.5" lift I'd sell all and get stock springs and a 4.5" hanger kit.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:53 AM

Depending on the miles on the truck, I would look at the steering box for the steering issue. You can usually have an alignment shop check that for free. I changed mine 2 weeks ago because of the same problem and man did it make all of the difference in the world. I don't have near as much lift as you but its something to look at.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdypalooza View Post
Depending on the miles on the truck, I would look at the steering box for the steering issue. You can usually have an alignment shop check that for free. I changed mine 2 weeks ago because of the same problem and man did it make all of the difference in the world. I don't have near as much lift as you but its something to look at.
i will try that out my truck haa 80000 miles on it can i adjust the sterring box myself or does the dealer have to do it thanks for the help
Old 03-04-2010, 10:46 AM

I just replaced the box. Got it for $170 at oreilleys. I just had the dealership check the front end. I replaced the parts they tried to sell me. Then, I went back for them to check and align the front end. If you choose to replace it, CAREFUL! Some of those parts are under tension.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.