Who makes a good Leveling kit for 99-02? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 07:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Who makes a good Leveling kit for 99-02?

I am looking for a leveling kit for my truck (below in sig) I'm trying to save some money if at all possible. I was going to wait out on new wheels/tires/lift but upon washing my truck today i found many nails in all of my tires, So rather than replacing 4 tires for my 16" wheels i figure now will be the time to get some 35's and get a leveling kit. i already have a set of wheels/tires picked out as i can get discounts at a tire/wheel place through my work.

My question, who makes a good leveling kit that won't break the bank that will clear 35" tires? I'm pretty unhappy about this as I'll be spending my tax money now instead of saving it

Thanks!
-Matt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2010, 07:47 AM

Rouch Country. all 4 corners for about $179ish. I have an '03 with front leafs and did this. Am happy.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:05 AM

does the add a leafs on all 4 corners make your truck ride even more like a brick **** house? my buddy has a 4" pro-comp system on his 99 truck, the new front leafs ride great, but with the rear add a leaf it stirs your organs up when the roads get rough
Old 02-11-2010, 10:22 AM

ok another question. I was to the assumption that with a leveling kit these trucks could fit 35" tires. All the different leveling kits i've came across say they will make a 33" tire fit the truck. i already have 295/75r16 (33") tires on my truck?! and they are not rubbing.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:46 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
yes.....you can use a hanger kit or a mini spring pack and run 35"
Old 02-11-2010, 01:49 PM

hey man its mike, i had basicly the same camaro you did a couple years back.
I see you finally switched over to a diesel???

give me a call sometime
(248) 342-2865

I might know somone to help ya on the leveling kit situation. My buddy fit toyo 315's on the same truck you have without a leveling kit.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda_440 View Post
hey man its mike, i had basicly the same camaro you did a couple years back.
I see you finally switched over to a diesel???

give me a call sometime
(248) 342-2865

I might know somone to help ya on the leveling kit situation. My buddy fit toyo 315's on the same truck you have without a leveling kit.
Hey mike, what brings you to these ford parts of town lol? i thought you were a cummins/mopar guy! either or, i didn't want to be throwing money at my truck again, but after finding nails in all of my tires and a couple of them are too close to the sidewall to plug i figure screw it, time to pull the gun on some bigger tires and a bit of height
Old 02-11-2010, 02:00 PM

I am, I might be getting a lifted f350 though. Do you still have your camaro?

I will be back in clarkston first week of march if you wanna meet up.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I researched the same and ended up rushing like you, one bad tire. I ended up with a Newton lift from eBay. I did 2" up front and 1" in rear. I should have gone 2.5" up front but too late now. The guy has many setup options, maybe better to call him. He is Jason, he knows F250's real well. With my 2" and 1" I fit 20"x10 Helo wheels with 33x12.5.20 Toyo MT with a tiny rub. I pulled the inner rubber fender back some with tie straps and all good. The big decision on what will fit is the wheel backspace. I dont remember what mine are, just got em. CHeck the helo site for MAXX 8 in 20x10. I also installed the front 2" blocks myself, not too bad, 5 hours with a few beers. I didn't have jack stands tall enough to reach frame in rear to drop axle so I paid my alignment guy to put the rear blocks in. No change in ride, maybe smoother due to tire. I realize now I need dual stabilizer shocks so budget for that if you go 35. I went 33 on 20 for $$ reasons and will do 8" Rize with 37's one day. Hope this helps. Only have one bad pic of truck but will upload. Getting all shined up tomorrow so will take another later. Sorry for long blabbing but I did my research and hope it helps. Let me know what you do. Oh, here is the link to Newton Lifts on eBay or just search it. Guys name is Jason. eBay Store - Newton Lifts and Suspension Parts: LEVELING SYSTEMS, FORD BLOCKS, SUSPENSION LIFT SYSTEMS
Old 02-11-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda_440 View Post
I am, I might be getting a lifted f350 though. Do you still have your camaro?

I will be back in clarkston first week of march if you wanna meet up.
Are you back in texas now? I still have the camaro, after a few years of wrenching on it and bad luck (got water in my engine while it was outside for a week and had to get new heads and a new block! crap!!) It's almost done. i was getting a lot of work done on it for a month and then school and work took over all my time and i haven't had much time to work on it in the past few weeks. it finally should be out this summer if all goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsntie View Post
I researched the same and ended up rushing like you, one bad tire. I ended up with a Newton lift from eBay. I did 2" up front and 1" in rear. I should have gone 2.5" up front but too late now. The guy has many setup options, maybe better to call him. He is Jason, he knows F250's real well. With my 2" and 1" I fit 20"x10 Helo wheels with 33x12.5.20 Toyo MT with a tiny rub. I pulled the inner rubber fender back some with tie straps and all good. The big decision on what will fit is the wheel backspace. I dont remember what mine are, just got em. CHeck the helo site for MAXX 8 in 20x10. I also installed the front 2" blocks myself, not too bad, 5 hours with a few beers. I didn't have jack stands tall enough to reach frame in rear to drop axle so I paid my alignment guy to put the rear blocks in. No change in ride, maybe smoother due to tire. I realize now I need dual stabilizer shocks so budget for that if you go 35. I went 33 on 20 for $$ reasons and will do 8" Rize with 37's one day. Hope this helps. Only have one bad pic of truck but will upload. Getting all shined up tomorrow so will take another later. Sorry for long blabbing but I did my research and hope it helps. Let me know what you do. Oh, here is the link to Newton Lifts on eBay or just search it. Guys name is Jason. eBay Store - Newton Lifts and Suspension Parts: LEVELING SYSTEMS, FORD BLOCKS, SUSPENSION LIFT SYSTEMS
yeah i'm looking for a 2.5" front and raise the back another inch (as i really don't want my truck "leveled" i still want a rake to it since i tow a lot in the summer) I'm aware wheel offset plays a lot in the rubbing of the leaf springs, but i don't want to look like a mexi-pimp special with 14" wires sticking 5 inches out of my wheel wells

My bosses brother has an '05 6.0 truck with an "ebay" kit that is 2" front and 3" rear with 325/65 nitto's the truck has the perfect stance/height/tire size in my opinion and i just want something similar for my truck. a friend of mine has a 4" lift on his 99 and it's just a bit impractical for my DD uses. I need to still be able to throw my dirtbike in the back on my own and hook up to a million boats at work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.