Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2006 Steering Stabilizer

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  jluv 
#1 ·
So pulling the lift off of my brother-in-laws truck and it has an after market steering stabilizer bracket for the factory steering stabilizer, we are putting on a PMF dual steering stabilizer so de we still need the factory on in place at all? I ask bc we do t have the factory mounting bracket for the frame side

#3 ·
I run all three but you shouldn't need the one in the OEM location and it might be noticeably harder to turn at a standstill with it in place

i have tried taking the OEM off a few times and always go back with it ( mine iset up is a Rancho OEM replacement and dual Bilsteins

#4 ·
I just installed a single bilstein on my 2005 4x4. It is almost twice a big around as the stock ford stabilizer, but it fit in the original OEM location. The hardest part for me was getting the shaft side out, Ended up using a small sledge hammer to beat it into submission. There is no binding and the difference it made was amazing.

#12 ·
I have a dual stabilizer with King shocks and no factory stabilizer. If I leave the factory stabilizer on, or an upgraded Bilstein shock in the factory location, the truck pulls to the left. With the factory stabilizer removed, it drives straight. Go figure.

#14 ·
I have no idea. I just run the dual Kings now with nothing in the stock location, and everything is fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.