Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tire and Rim Question

642 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Skyd Ram 
#1 ·
A friend of mine has a 2016 CCSRW 4x4 short wheel base F-250. He has a 2.5" leveling kit in the front. He recently put some aftermarket wheels with 37x12.5x20 Toyo Open Country MT's on it. Initially he had a little rub but adjusted his bumper and it no longer rubs. Just to be clear I don't know what the negative offset or backspacing is on his aftermarket wheels.

I have a 2016 CCSRW 4x4 long wheel base F-350 that is currently bone stock. I am about to install a 2.5" carli leveling kit. The Carli site specifies that 35" tires can be used for this application.

My question is, has anyone tried to run 37" tires on a 2016 F-350 with this set up? My research tells me that the F-350's are 1.5" higher in the rear than the F-250's. I am positive the negative offset/backspacing on my buddies aftermarket wheels are the reason he can fit the 37's but I just wanted to ask if anyone has tried. I would prefer to run 37's on my truck but don't want to switch to an aftermarket wheel. It is my understanding that some people use spacers but I have read mixed reviews in regards to reliability. I do pull a 38' toy hauler from time to time and wouldn't want to risk running the spacers unless I had several reliable sources tell me they have done it without issues.

See less See more
#2 ·
You can definitely run 37's on stock wheels on these trucks with a 2.5" Carli setup. The 37's will rub on the radius arms during tight turns but shouldn't contact the fenders. You may have to trim the plastic fender liners a bit and possibly space the bumper forward but that will depend on which exact 37 you go with. I am not a fan of wheel spacers and the really good ones aren't that much cheaper than a set of aftermarket wheels.

If you run 9" wide wheels with a 5.5" backspace and 37x12.50's you have more tire to radius arm clearance without moving the tire out far enough to contact the fenders.

Here's my '11 with a 2.5" Carli system, 37" Toyo's on 17x8.5's with a 5" backspace. Due to the wheel offset and tire width I had to modify the front bumper braces and do quite a bit of trimming on the plastic fender liners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.