Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

4x4 conversion with older doner truck

626 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  PlowerstroKING 
#1 ·
hi guys this is my first post. i have a 2003 F-350 6.0 2wd dually. my question is can i use my dads 2000 F-350 dually 4wd components to convert my truck into a 4wd?

#2 ·
Yes. Everything but the tcase I believe. I could be wrong though. The wheel studs will be different thread pitch but it's not too important. If it bugs you just knock them out and put in different ones

#4 ·
Thanks I'll have to look around for a transfer case then or buy a newer tranny. I guess I'll also have to cut into the floor as well since his is a manual tcase[/QUOTEu]

Im pretty sure the whole transmission hump in the truck can be swapped over, people do that when they do a manual swap on a truck is swap the hump because manuals are shorter but taller than a auto, could save some pain on the cutting a hole in the floorboard part, and with the tcase it should be the input shaft is a different spline count so you could get the input shaft for your truck if the shafts are the same lengths for the 5r110 and the 4r100 trans to tcase, and you may need to get the adapter housing off a 4wd transmission, but if your looking for a donor truck unless your dad will let you do it for free a salvaged auctioned truck could make you money if you get one cheap enough if you sell the motor and trans then scrapped the rest off the auctioned truck after you harvest the parts you need

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.