Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Considering a leveling kit on my 2012 F250

11K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Skyd Ram 
#1 ·
Anyone do it and regret it? Are there any drawbacks other than fitting into parking garages? I am considering a 2.5 inch lift but have never lifted a truck before.

#2 ·
Don't regret it at all. And I've never had a problem with parking garages. I've only had an issue with a car wash.

#5 ·
Love mine and I fit into most of the parking garages and car washes in my area.

You shouldn't regret it unless you get a cheap kit that doesn't include some of the little items to do it right or one that rides like a tank.

#7 ·
Yup,
Most of the F250's only have a little bit of rake so you will usually want to lift the front 2.5" and the rear around 2" to keep a factory like rake.

This is my truck when it was stock:

And this was after I installed a 2.5" Carli Commuter with the mini packs and the factory 1 7/8" rear blocks:

#13 ·
105003 Adjustable 2.5" Coil Levelers, 2005+ Ford SD - Leveling Kits Superduty

The higher you go, the greater the need for a way to get the caster angle to +5°.

can use sleeves for minor change
24220 ADJUSTABLE ALIGNMENT SLEEVE 24220 - Leveling Kits Superduty

Or as you go to the maximum range, adjustable radius arms
101400 One Up Offroad Adjustable Link Arms 2005+ Ford SD - Adjustable Link Arms

An adjustable trackbar will be needed to keep the axle centered.
2005-UP Ford Super Duty F250 / F350 Adjustable Track Bar with Bearing Rod End | 64031

Then you'll be needing shocks for the change in height.

There are cheap ways to get the height, but the best way will come at a price

#20 ·
Mine has a 3 5/8" block, which is stock for a 350.

I believe the stock block for a 250 is 2" tall.

If you're looking to lower the rear of yours to stock height. You could ask around on here, or look on ebay.
You should be able to find a stock set of blocks, and U bolts pretty cheap from someone that has put a lift on their truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.