Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Early 99 level kit options

6K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  JustinOOO9 
#1 · (Edited)
well my hybrid late 99 engine, early 99 suspension needs a level kit. I can't stand the almost 4in difference in front/rear height...

I have heard of the following and curious to thoughts on which route I should go:

1. get the $80 shackles from ebay
-cheap but easy and probably best to get an adjustable bar

2. get the $150 little mini leafs from ebay r maxxlift
link- 99 EARLY BUILD LEVELING KIT F250/F350 TRUCKS 4x4

3. try to find the procomp level leafs and an adjustable track bar
-I found them on summit but over $150 a piece not inclusing shipping or the adjustable bar so over $500 in parts there...

4. x code springs, with new hardware and adjustable bar
-they seem expensive plus the labor I still should get new hardware, adjustable bar and shocks etc

5. the most complete kit Ive found so far is also by maxxlift
link here: 3" MAXX-LIFT KIT LB1999-2004 F250/F350 4x4 TRUCKS
*under $400 even with the special bolts and after drilling my truck for the newer style bar.

6. (added dec 7th) PMF makes a drop hangar kit and another company does but after seeing some pictures the look isn't bad but not for me esp for around the same price etc.

I can find 4in and plus complete left kits but all I want is a level kit. I have ZERO desire for 315/75r16 (metric 35 common size). I just want to go with the traditional 285/75r16 or maybe the harder to find 255/85r16 for a taller/skinnier tire.

if anyone has actually used the maxx-lift spring kit im interested in quality or life span. I am just not selling my truck. I have looked and looked for a 4dr but my current rig as much as the late engine, early suspension is a pain is the perfect truck for me.

thanks again.

I know some are running the procomp springs buts they are $$$ and sold individually now.

See less See more
#2 ·
#5 ·
I've never hear anything about maxx lift. @blue99stroker has the procomp springs. I know your close to him so a quick spin in his truck would let you know what your getting.

Do you not have prime? It's free for a month if you don't. I have never heard anything about the $50 fee from Amazon.

#6 ·
#7 ·
Ya I got to drive Blue99strokers truck a while back when he helped me do some work to my truck. I was just curious what thoughts were with all my options.

the amazon thing was like this: I added both springs to my cart but it was like $257 and change but if I applied for a credit card springs were an even $200 shipped haha. but Im just gonna see what Christmas/new years brings around and either order procomp and zone goodies or the maxx-lift spring kit.

I know I could do the PMF drop hangar but I saw some more pictures and I really don't like the look so whoever has the best deal in a few weeks gets my $$$ hahaha.

#8 ·
after some more research I think I will be going with the maxx lift full leaf spring kit. I am going to do some calling about Christmas/new years specials but hopefully I can make an order in the next couple of weeks and get some before/after pics. I have over 3in of difference stock, but I imagine my 17 yr old front springs aren't exactly perky anymore lol.

#9 ·
update to help other E99 hybrid owners like myself.

MAXX-LIFT Suspension & Off-Road, Leveling Lift Kits at Low Prices to this very day still has never called or email me back from my 2 calls and 3 emails over about a 3 month period. I am still a little concerned so I will not recommend them for an early 99 kit.

I ended up ordering two procomp explorer 22210s. only one from amazon ever showed up and after dealing with non English speaking customer service I got told numerous times I only ordered one even though I had two separate order/shipping/tracking numbers and FINALLY on the 3rd customer service rep I got a refund and ordered the second through 4wheelparts for 10 cents less lol.

I got ubolts (you'll need the 9.5in long) for the procomp springs. and the adjustable track bar from PMFsuspension. it was a little pricey but they answered all my questions about the pros n cons of theres.

fabtech still makes an adjustable for the early 99s its hard to find but I will eventually make a thread dedicated to parts for lifting, leveling e99s I have a ton of different fabtech, procomp, zone, bds stuff to share that with the help of others I can hopefully save an e99 owner ALOT of google time and maybe money hahaha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.