2001 F250 with lift Vibrates when accelerating - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2001 F250 with lift Vibrates when accelerating

2001 Ford F250 4wd auto 3" mini pack spring in the front and 2" block in the rear. Vibrates when I floor it from a dead stop or anytime I floor it going under 30mph Very noticable. Now it vibrates when I barely accelerate very noticable also. I have the carrier bearing spaced down 1/2" like the directions say 1/4" for every 1" of lift. I took it to a local shop and they said there was min wear on one u joint and carrier bearing so I had them put new ones on and it still does it. The mechanics said it seems like it has a transmission shudder and more than likely can be fixed with a bottle of this magic crap, hopefully this stuff arrives tomorow and it works but I am doubting it. Any suggestions would be great. Also with such a small lift I didn't think axle wrap would be an issue. Please Help. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2009, 04:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
welcome to the club 2 piece drive shafts suck, when you lift the truck. I've tried almost everything and there is just a rule of thumb for how much you shim the carrier you may need more or less and it could be axle wrap. I say add 1-2 more shims and see what goes from there.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:01 AM
Other vehicle is an F250

Palady beat me to it. Add/delete shims and see if it goes away. I personally would not add anything "magic" to my tranny.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the info guys
Old 11-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I spaced the carrier bearing more today,but it didn't matter what I did It didn't even help. So I pulled the blocks in the rear and left the Front raised and it still vibrates like it is coming thru the drivetrain down the center of the truck. After I did that I pulled the rear driveshaft between the carrier bearing and rear axle and put it in put the truck in 4wd and no vibration. So the vibs have got to be coming from the carrier bearing back. The good thing is that it uliminated the front shaft, transfer case, trans and every thing up front. So that's where I am at now. I am going to take that shaft to get checked out tommorow. I doubt it is the driveshaft but it is cheaper to get it checked out than to look at the rear end right now. This truck is really starting to pi$$ me off. ANY MORE IDEAS?
Old 11-01-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger254 View Post
I spaced the carrier bearing more today,but it didn't matter what I did It didn't even help. So I pulled the blocks in the rear and left the Front raised and it still vibrates like it is coming thru the drivetrain down the center of the truck. After I did that I pulled the rear driveshaft between the carrier bearing and rear axle and put it in put the truck in 4wd and no vibration. So the vibs have got to be coming from the carrier bearing back. The good thing is that it uliminated the front shaft, transfer case, trans and every thing up front. So that's where I am at now. I am going to take that shaft to get checked out tommorow. I doubt it is the driveshaft but it is cheaper to get it checked out than to look at the rear end right now. This truck is really starting to pi$$ me off. ANY MORE IDEAS?
I have vibration issues too. No matter how I spaced the carrier down it was there. I am having a drive shaft made with a cv joint in it. Was told that this is almost the only way to cure this.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:33 PM
KING of BLING!

One piece shaft is where it's at. I paid $260 for mine at a local driveshaft shop.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:37 PM

My local shop told me that they wouldn't built me a one piece. They also said a two piece with a cv joint was the was to go.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the info guys. I took the blocks out of the rear so now my truck is sitting stock in the rear and still vibrates?
Old 11-01-2009, 06:47 PM

wow, other issues going on. I have heard that the plate the u bolts attach to at the rear axle could be an issue. If you have paint marks on the drive line or the plate may mean that they are suspicious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.