Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What is the best lift system

6K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  Skyd Ram 
#1 ·
I have a 2015 F250 king ranch. I put a skyjacker lift in it when I first bought the truck. I've since had nothing but issues and now I've had off road shops basically replace all components with different ones. However now I'm about to have a baby and want very much to keep a 2.5" lift to run 35's but I want to find something that is very smooth riding while still being able to tow. If I have to go to the 4" I will. I've been told that the Icon systems are pretty great but wanted to get some feedback from others.

#2 ·
If you want a lift that is top notch go Carli. They really are about as good as they get. Icon is nice but I don't think it's going to quite compare to a Carli system.
There's a Carli guy here on the site name is Dan. He can go over every option for every size lift. He also has a F250 it's a 2016 I believe but it should be same exact model.

Good Luck on the build.

#4 ·
@OCVeloMan is the one you want to talk to.

I have a Frankenstein lift on my truck: Icon coils up front and Carli leafs in the back. I'd have Carli coils up front if they made them in 7" of lift.
It gets crazier from there Fabtech radius arms Pure Performance track bar Rancho 9000XL and Fabtech logic stabilizers. So yea Franky sums it up pretty well but it rides amazingly well. One of these days I'm going to put some nice adjustable shocks on it. That's really the last thing it needs to get it where it needs to be.

Again Good Luck and welcome to the forum.

Reactions: OCVeloMan
#8 ·
With that ratio of on to off-road, I would recommend a Backcountry or Pintop. Both of the aforementioned systems are great on-road and awesome offroad with the Pintop being a-lot more capable in the off-road department.

Also, both are exponentially better on and off-road when upgraded to include the full progressive leaf springs rather than the factory spring modification pack (add-a-pack) included in the system. This takes the truck to a "light" 3/4 ton capacity and we recommend airbags for those consistently hauling over 1,000lbs of tongue weight.

I have towed around 2,000lbs of tongue weight and it was controlled, just sagged in the rear. If you're only towing it occasionally, no worries!

Backcountry: FOX Backcountry, Level 2.5" Super Duty Suspension system for Ford F250 / F350

Pintop: King 2.5 Pintop System, Level 2.5" Super Duty Suspension system for Ford F250 / F350

Full Progressive Leaf Springs: Carli / Deaver Full Progressive Spring Pack for a 4.5" Ford Super Duty Suspension Lift

My truck with a full bed and about 1,000 on the tongue:

#11 ·
On my daily driver I run a 2.5" Carli Dominator system with the full rear springs. The truck sits on 37" Toyo RT tires and 20" wheels. The truck is used for daily driving as well as weekend towing. I couldn't be happier with its performance. I pump up the air bags when towing a fifth wheel and often leave the bags empty when towing our flatbed trailer.

#15 ·
I wish I went with OUO radius arms..... those look like they belong on the truck. Plus the infinite amount of adjustment with them.
I'm assuming you have the Icon front coils on your truck. If you still have the OEM rear leafs you can improve the ride by a huge amount if you install a set of Carli/Deaver progressive rear leafs.
I have that setup myself: Icon coils and Carli leafs and I can assure you it goes from a 3/4 ton truck to a F150 or Expedition quality ride.

I'd like to try Fox adjustable shocks on my truck.

#26 ·
Ocveloman , skydram and any other experienced in put welcome. Ocveloman and skydram I have spoke to both of you the other day and wanted the opportunity to have both y'all's attention together. I'm Tim from Texas. Currently have a 2013 ccsb fx4 f-250. Running Carli starter 2.5 with add a pack and Bilstein 5100's. Also running 315/70/17 nitto (g2 I think). Been running 60 psi nitrogen all around, tire shop set just above tpms light. I have a rough ride in my opinion but this is my first super duty. Also at 47-50 mph I get this bouncy resonance that jiggles your cheeks. Other then that no shakes or wobbles. Tonight I aired down to 45f/40r and will see how that drives tomorrow. I'm looking to get this thing smoother and figure out this bouncy range. Been think about the Fox 2.0 reservoirs and the full spring pack for the rear. I'm 90% on road and 10% sand or gravel. Is there anything else I should consider or do you recommend other components than what I mentioned. Thanks for any input. Side not ocveloman. The track bar that I got a few years ago squeaked on the frame/cross member. I did a little grinding but wondered if that was addressed or replaced. Thanks

#27 · (Edited)
Hey Tim,

Stepping up to full leaves and the custom valved Backcountry shocks will definitely help calm down the bounce that your truck is having but it seems that every truck is a little different and the "Super Duty Bounce" is more noticeable on certain roads in different parts of the country. Here's a 100 page thread that has been going for quite some time about it: http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/suspension-steering/630442-my-theory-superduty-hop-possible-fix.html

The Backcountry shock package is definitely a great setup for a truck that sees the type of use that your truck does. For the 2.5" systems they actually have specific valving for the full leafs so I would recommend doing them both together.

As far as your tire pressure goes, you should be good with the pressures that you lowered it too and if you run totally empty you can get away with even a bit lower pressure in the rear. We run most of our trucks around 45F/35R when not towing/hauling heavy.

#28 ·
I have the Carli/Deaver full rear leaf spring pack in 4-1/2" and the ride is pretty nice. The way they list their springs is without the 2" blocks so the 4-1/2" springs almost matched up to my 7" Icon front coils. Had to add a 1-1/4" angled block to get it level.
It's not comparable to OEM leafs. It will make a huge improvement in ride quality. They will not hold as much weight as the OEM springs but they are geared more to ride quality. If you use the truck for hauling heavy loads you can put on air bags. I just set up my max suspension rubber snubbers to hit before the tires hit the fenders.

But I can assure you the rear springs ride very nice they really do. Good Luck on the lift

#29 ·
Thanks, also looking at maybe doing the 4.5 inch backcountry since its about the same price. Although I won't be getting the full spring pack with the kit. Would 35's look dumb on the 4.5"? not sure id want to go to 37's. Gas mileage is already crappy at 14 mpg with 35's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.