99 350 leveling kit question . . . - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 08:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
99 350 leveling kit question . . .

So I got the leveling kit done but can't get the trackbar or panhard bar whatever you call it back in. I tried a duty ratchet strap which got it close but wasn't sure if maybe I needed an adjustable one or something??? Kit was a craigslist deal that came with an add a leaf for each side in front. I bought new U-bolts kit from rough country and everything seemed to go as planned. I cut off the excess bolts and lowered truck onto the ground a few times tightening the u-bolts each time. Tried to get the Panhard bar back in and it is a pain in the ***!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2009, 08:14 AM

Talked to a few people and they told me to put it back on the lift and use a come-along instead of the ratchet strap and it will pull it over . . . any other ideas from anyone that has dealt with this crap??? Everyone says you don't need an alignment or have to get an adjustable front panhard bar but I am thinking I should custom fab the stock unit to be adjustable.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:29 AM

I have a 8.5 on my 2001 F350 and I had to use a come along and a ratchet strap to get the stock track bar in, with the lift and stock bar my axle wasn't centered under the truck and would lean to the drivers side like an inch ,so Last week installed a Icon Adjustable Pan Rod Bar and It is nice. I think it is adjustable from 3" to 8" lifts. Only way to go (Off Road Warehouse Don's Cool)
Old 10-23-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersmoke73 View Post
I have a 8.5 on my 2001 F350 and I had to use a come along and a ratchet strap to get the stock track bar in, with the lift and stock bar my axle wasn't centered under the truck and would lean to the drivers side like an inch ,so Last week installed a Icon Adjustable Pan Rod Bar and It is nice. I think it is adjustable from 3" to 8" lifts. Only way to go (Off Road Warehouse Don's Cool)
I am going to try the come along tonight and since mine is only a 2 or 2 1/2 inch leveler I wouldn't assume I would need an adjustable one but who knows. Thanks for the info . . . I will check out off road warehouse . . .
Old 10-23-2009, 10:41 AM

As long as it's a late 99, a adjustable trac bar will make the install go much smoother.
Icon Vehicle Dynamics Late 1999-2004 FSD Adjustable Pan Rod - Adjustable Track Bars - Truck Toyz Store

If it's an Early 99, you'll either need to force it in or modify/lengthen your stock bar as the aftermarket bars won't work on the Early 99 (without modifying the lower bracket on the axle).
Old 10-23-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSpecial View Post
As long as it's a late 99, a adjustable trac bar will make the install go much smoother.
Icon Vehicle Dynamics Late 1999-2004 FSD Adjustable Pan Rod - Adjustable Track Bars - Truck Toyz Store

If it's an Early 99, you'll either need to force it in or modify/lengthen your stock bar as the aftermarket bars won't work on the Early 99 (without modifying the lower bracket on the axle).
It's an early 99 . . . if I can't get it I will modify the stocker . . . got some ideas on how I will do it.

Is there a market for one in the early 99's you think?? I know my friend w/a real nice machine shop would make one up if there was a market for it to be sold.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

We did mine yesterday at Groundforce in Albuquerque 3 1/2 Fabtech HAnger lift was PIA took 3 of us Ratchet strap did not work,,Comealong did not work,,Lowering to the ground with wheels and tires on and no shocks got us within 1/2 inch we got other half inch with prybars while standing on the front frame and bouncing it up and down got front of bolt in and then bounced it and pry bars and got it in up to the thread probaly too a good 45 minutes was a real pain,,,Look's incrdible and ride is Really Nice better than OEM!
Old 10-23-2009, 11:07 AM

I got a 2 1/2 leveling kit from summit racing and it came with a new panhard bracket for the frame. They also sell them separately.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadStroker View Post
We did mine yesterday at Groundforce in Albuquerque 3 1/2 Fabtech HAnger lift was PIA took 3 of us Ratchet strap did not work,,Comealong did not work,,Lowering to the ground with wheels and tires on and no shocks got us within 1/2 inch we got other half inch with prybars while standing on the front frame and bouncing it up and down got front of bolt in and then bounced it and pry bars and got it in up to the thread probaly too a good 45 minutes was a real pain,,,Look's incrdible and ride is Really Nice better than OEM!
You're not making me feel any better! . . . lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomsup View Post
I got a 2 1/2 leveling kit from summit racing and it came with a new panhard bracket for the frame. They also sell them separately.
Thanks. I will check it out. It would be so easy to make one end adjustable I have a hard time justifying buying one. Hopefully they sell new bushings also.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:26 PM

Instead of going with an adjustable track bar maybe all you really need is the track bar relocating bracket? 2.5" 99-04 Ford F250/F350 4x4 - Track bar drop bracket - Top Gun Customz
This is what came with my leveling kit and it is probably the same one as the summit racing but comes from one of our vendors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.