Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2 inch level questions

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Skyd Ram 
#1 ·
Is an adjustable track bar needed with a 2 inch level? How far off center will my axle be with 2 inch spacers?
Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
Although you will see a lot of guys running level kits without track bars I would definitely suggest one. Obviously your axle is shifted off center a bit (3/8" or ) but that's not the main reason to run one. One of the other reasons is that most adjustable track bars will correct the angle that the axle side joint rest at. Without that correction that ball joint can bind when the suspension goes through it's travel. That binding will cause the ball joint to live a much shorter life. The other advantage is most aftermarket track bars have a much tighter joint at the frame side. This will give you a tighter steering feel and more durability.

#3 ·
I 2nd the use of an adjustable track bar for 2" leveling kits. Not to mention it simplifies the isntallation, because you can just adjust the track bar to fit how the truck sits, then shorten or lengthen as needed post install to center the axle.

Reactions: Skyd Ram
#6 ·
As the lift amount decreases so does the "need" for an aftermarket track bar. That being said, I have quite a few guys running the Pure Performance adjustable track bars on stock trucks as it is beefier and adds a tighter steering feel than the factory bar with the rubber bushing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.