Started on my lift - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 05:19 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Started on my lift

Well I started on my lift today. It's just been one hell of a time, I really should have waited until this weekend to drink a few beers while I work on it because this sucks lol. It took me forever to finally get all my parts together, but anyways it's all finally coming together.

I started on the rear suspension because I was still waiting on front U-bolts to come in. No problems on the rear suspension. I got started on the front end late this afternoon so I didn't get much done on it. I started pulling the pitman arm off and snapped my puller into pieces, so I had to go to AutoZone to rent a puller. I finally got the stock pitman arm off and the new dropped one on and my track-bar bracket on. Hopefully I'll have it finished up by tomorrow afternoon. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Premium Member

I know what you are going through. It all seems pretty easy on paper doesn't it? I have done a few lifts and am getting ready to do a 4-link Rize on mine once all my parts arrive.... looking forward to tackling it..kinda..who am I kidding. It is gonna suck, but when it is all done.......it might have been worth it....

Keep it up and post some pics.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:51 PM

It really does seem so much easier on paper. Oh well it will be worth it in the end. On a 8 inch Icon lift do the front brake lines need to be changed or will bending the bracket down solve that? Since we're both in NC maybe I should get you to swing by and help out lol.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooper View Post
It really does seem so much easier on paper. Oh well it will be worth it in the end. On a 8 inch Icon lift do the front brake lines need to be changed or will bending the bracket down solve that? Since we're both in NC maybe I should get you to swing by and help out lol.
You are only 4 hours away.....
You didn't get any brake line relocation brackets? I am not familiar with the Icon lift components you purchased. You should be alright with bending them though. If you send some pics, I can help ya out. Other than that, someone may chime in. What did the directions say? You know, the "directions": the package of papers that seem useless and for wimps...real men don't need no stinkin directions..
Old 10-22-2009, 03:16 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Rockstar Edition Send a message via Yahoo to Rockstar Edition
yes with 8" of lift you'll be fine bending them down....you actually have enough to add more lift and be alright..I had 11.5" of suspension on my 99 with bent brackets... you'lll be alright...post pics.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:19 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Rockstar Edition Send a message via Yahoo to Rockstar Edition
ps bondsman, I see youre from moyock....are you the guy that bought my stock intercooler for your sons obs? I know the guy that bought it was from moyock and worked at little creek at the time......if it is keep in touch Id like to get in touch and get together when I get home from deployment....get a bunch of the guys together for a good time....let me know if it's you....

Chad
Old 10-22-2009, 03:34 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99250on14inches View Post
ps bondsman, I see youre from moyock....are you the guy that bought my stock intercooler for your sons obs? I know the guy that bought it was from moyock and worked at little creek at the time......if it is keep in touch Id like to get in touch and get together when I get home from deployment....get a bunch of the guys together for a good time....let me know if it's you....

Chad
Yep thats me.... It is still sitting in the shed. Going out today to Johnson's to see if they have the y-pipe and such. Small world isn't it.. Have fun on deployment (glad I am done with those - finally retired).. Be safe and see ya when ya get back.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:36 AM
Banned

thanks bud thought it was you.....hey where'd u get your train horns? that's next on my lift after paint...finally suckered myself into that 5" turbo back I wanted so badly too LOL....
Old 10-22-2009, 03:45 AM
Premium Member

Train horns from hornblasters.com I picked up the viair twin compressors on ebay along with the tank. 200psi of onboard air....
Finally got that exhaust huh? Mine is getting lifted up in a month or so. Up 9.5" and 38s. I can't wait for that...
Old 10-22-2009, 03:55 AM
Banned

bet you're excited, did I have the 24s on mine when you bought the I/C? I picked up in January for 1800 bucks, 900 cash and trade for my old 38s....I think I stole em...trying to get mine done soon, maybe if storm troopers up we can have a g2g sometime in like february somewhere?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.