Some of my new parts - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Some of my new parts

Well I got some of my new parts in this Tuesday. I ordered a 8 inch Icon lift, with bilstein shocks, carrier bearing drop kit, 20x10 XD Monsters, 38x15.50x20 Nitto Mud Grapplers. My wheels and tires came in great, no problems. My lift on the other hand, not so much. I was missing my front u-bolt kit, carrier bearing drop kit, bump stop spacers and my shocks. I basically only had my leaf springs, front box kit (wrong year) and my rear u-bolts.

So I contact the vendor I purchased it from, and they tell me they'll ship out all my missing parts and I should get them next week. I contacted Icon and they agreed to ship them out to me UPS 3 Day so I would have them by this weekend. Well I found out today that I was even shipped the wrong front box kit, my truck is a early 99 which is what I ordered but somewhere along the lines I was sent a late 99 box kit. I contact Icon and the vendor I purchased everything through and Mike at Icon has been great trying to help me out with getting my parts to me in time. The vendor, not so much. Granted I'm just another customer, but I had previously set time aside to get this done on Saturday and now I'm having to cancel that to wait on the correct parts to be sent to me.

One of the salesman at the vendor even told me if I needed it that bad I could drive to their shop and pick up the pitman arm from them, not a bad idea other then the fact that it's a 5 1/2 hour drive one way to their shop and it means I have to take a day off work or I can wait until next week to get it. Ugh, sorry I just had to vent.

Pictures of what I do have:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2009, 05:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

It's funny how some places want your buisness so bad but once they recieve their money everything changes. There are quite a few places that go out their way to help you, but they're also the same ones who have been around forever and there's a reason for that. My money always goes to them.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbs View Post
It's funny how some places want your buisness so bad but once they recieve their money everything changes. There are quite a few places that go out their way to help you, but they're also the same ones who have been around forever and there's a reason for that. My money always goes to them.
It's true, I usually only go with the guys that have been around along time and have a great reputation. I pretty much assumed that by them being one of the supporting vendors here and by what seemed to be a good reputation I would be in good hands. You know what happens when you assume though.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Shocks, carrier bearing drop kit, bump stop spacers just came in. I'm still missing my front u-bolts and my pitman arm is supposed to come in Tuesday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.