do i need track bar? HELP! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
do i need track bar? HELP!

so i just put my pro comp 6inch lift on my 2005 f250 and i am still not clearing my tires , i am getting sum rub. my question is if i put a leveling kit on top of my lift what will this affect? one of my buddys did it and hasnt had any complaints , but when i called pro comp they told me that i need a diffrent track bar . ( an adjustable one) that they sell with the 8 inch lift kits but they wont sell it seperate . if i put a leverling kit on top is the truck goin to be ok ?? PLEASE HELP and thank you !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Yes if you raise the truck..2" will shift the axle 1/2-3/4"
Old 10-14-2009, 12:46 PM

Ya you will need one. me and my brother both had 6.5 pro comp lifts and we still used the stock one but it did lean a little on the drivers side about 1/4" I just added the pro comp kit that makes the 6.5 a 8.5" kit and I did manage to get the stock trac bar in but it leans like 1" now. I have a adjustable trac bar on the way. Its a icon. I like the ones with the Heim joints. What size tires ya tring to clear?

Last edited by Powersmoke73; 10-14-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yep, your gonna need an adjustable track bar in order to get your front axle recentered. Get yourself an adjustable Icon track bar, its the only way to go. Contact Dan or Marty over at Truck Toyz and they will hook you up...Here's a link:

Icon Vehicle Dynamics 2005-2008 FSD Adjustable Pan Rod - Adjustable Track Bars - Truck Toyz Store
Old 10-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersmoke73 View Post
Ya you will need one. me and my brother both had 6.5 pro comp lifts and we still used the stock one but it did lean a little on the drivers side about 1/4" I just added the pro comp kit that makes the 6.5 a 8.5" kit and I did manage to get the stock trac bar in but it leans like 1" now. I have a adjustable trac bar on the way. Its a icon. I like the ones with the Heim joints. What size tires ya tring to clear?

well im trying to clear 36's , but there wide 36x 15.50x18 dick cepek fun country II
Old 10-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersmoke73 View Post

Does pro comp have anything aditional for my 6 inch lift that i can buy seperate??

Thanks so much guys i really appreciate all the help so far
Old 10-14-2009, 04:41 PM

I looked on the pro comp site and didnt see anything. The fun country II's are what I have they are a 325/80/16 I guess thats like a 37/13.5/16 and I thought those were wide but they were ok on my 6.5 lift ,now Im looking into the toyo MT's 38/14.50/16's fun country's 15.5's must be super wide.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

got ahold of a guy at Pro Comp , for another 400 i can get all the parts to upgrade my 6 to and 8 . the trac bar alone is like 300 so i think im just goin to order the parts to upgrade Thanks everyone!!
Old 12-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

can i use my stock trac bar, with stock bracket for a few days untill the drop bracket gets here?

i have the 5.5 lift on now but i dont have the dropped bracket yet...so can i get away with it????
Old 12-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

or can i leave the trac bar off until the bracket comes on monday???

please let me know thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.