Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

200 F350 CCSB w/ 8" of lift questions

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  layson 
#1 ·
So as the title says, I have a 2000 F350 with an 8" rancho suspension lift. I'm currently running 37x12.50x17 tires on a 17x9 wheel.

Nothing rubs or anything right now, but I want to drop it to 6" of lift and do the Fabtech Dirt logic 4.0 with the coil overs.

I would also like to keep my 37's and possibly run a 20x12 and move up to 13.50's for width.

Would this be possible? Has anyone run a setup similar to this and had it work?

Also the reason I'm going Fabtech is because I get a discount through my work. I also like the look of the 4.0 coil overs.

Thanks in advance for giving me some input

#2 ·
I'm running 37X13.5's on 20X12's now with a 6" lift W/ minimal rubbing issues. The only place it slightly rubs (very seldom) is on the plastic of the inner fender-well. I'm planning on modifying that so that i don't have any issues.

My current setup is Icon 6" front springs (it's a 2001). My wheels have 4.75" backspacing.

#7 ·
I'm running about 6.5"s of lift and 20x12s with the 37 mud grapplers and it rubbed more than I thought it would. I had to cut about 1/4-1/2 an inch off the rear of the front fender and a little metal trimming in the front
I'm interested in the same kit as you too. I'm getting ready to replace my sway-a-way Coilovers and switching to the 4.0s. Hoping I can get Fabtech to just sell me their shock towers and shocks.

#9 ·
what do you mean different mounting brackets between the shock towers and shocks? I was at a offroad shop yesterday that deals a lot with fabtech and he told me that he would be able to get the towers/brackets as well as the coilovers for me without getting the rest of the kit since that's all I need to fit them.

#10 ·
I would think you would be ok with the 13.5 wide tires on 12" wheels. The 14" wide wheels are going to be tougher to fit and you probably would need a bigger lift than 6".

Have you had a chance to ride in a truck with this setup. Typically they ride a little stiff. Then when you combine it with changing your wheel/tire setup it may ride worst then it does now with your current lift.

#11 ·
My truck is already higher than 6" and I'm running the 37's. It does ride rough but I'm trying to clean that up with the 4.0 coil overs.

I've ridden in a buddy of mines 6.0 that has the whole kit and his rides smooth. I'm looking for similar ride quality.

And the guy that I spoke to on the phone at Fabtech said something about the coil overs needing a different attachment method or bracket for my year truck (2000 F350)

#12 ·
Yes if your truck has leaf springs right now. You will need to do some work to install that kit. It may even be cheaper just to upgrade your front leaf springs to Icon or Deaver and get some new shocks. That makes a big difference as well in ride quality. The coilovers really gain you a tighter turning radius. In my experience it is marginally better ride quality going from leaf springs to coils when you are comparing good quality kits.

On your 17's on 37's have you reduced your air pressure in your tires? That makes a pretty good difference as well to run at 40 or so psi.

#14 ·
It is easier and you will be better off just buying an 05+ front axle and getting some coil buckets and a few other parts and then just installing a newer kit into your truck. It will drive better and you can even get those axles for like 500 bucks now. Better turning radius, bigger brakes...just better axles. Everything just bolts all right in. Versus trying to fab something up and ending up with something that may or may not work in the end.

#17 ·
Essentially you need everything from the frame of the other truck.

Coil Buckets
Steering box if you can
track rod bracket....but you may get that from whatever 8" kit you end up with.
Radius Arms (Only if your new 8" kit doesn't come with them)
Radius Arm frame mounts
Swap the ABS sensors from your old axle into the newer axle

If you keep your old rear axle then you will need wheel spacers to make them the same width. We did that on a friends truck. No big deal...and you will have a different set of lug nuts for the front versus the rear. Threads are different.

You will need to do a little work depending on your setup to get your newer steering box to hook up to your old pump. It isn't really a big deal. Sometimes they go right in other times you need to find a fittings/hydro shop that will easily make them work.

Then lots of grade 8 bolts. Most of the holes line up and there are a few to drill. This is one of those projects that you need a couple good weekends to get it done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.