Which rear springs?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which rear springs??

I just bought the Rize 8" 4-link front system, it should be on its way (awesome deal on fleabay). Now comes the hard part... Trying to figure out which rear springs to go with. Deaver has been preached on here as being the best, but when I went to my local shop they recommend Superlift rear springs. They said the deavers are harsh and the superlift will give a better ride.
I don't know...... I am in no hurry to get the truck lifted so maybe i will ride in a few different trucks... I know the shocks are what really makes it ride nice, and the bilsteins are great for the budget.
I have a 4 inch lift on it already and it rides awesome with some crappy shocks. I started collecting parts for the 8" lift on craigslist (8" fabtech front coils, trackbar drop bracket, drop pitman arm and fabtech traction bars), I am planning on using the traction bars even though it may look funny with the Rize in front. That Rize lift came along and I pounced at the last second.

So, here is where I stand:
Rize 4-link on its way
Fabtech Traction bars in the garage
Rear Springs ???????? Help me please!!
Shocks ?????? Bilsteins ????? Another helping hand please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2009, 04:06 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Try and sell the stuff you got so you can contact OUO for their traction bars.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

OUO Traction Blocks are an option as mentioned (we carry these, too).

If you want all spring, Icon is the best riding spring for the money, IMO:
Icon Vehicle Dynamics 1999-2007 FSD Plush Ride 8" Rear Leaf Springs - Rear Suspension Springs - Truck Toyz Store

Deavers are great springs (a little more coin than Icons, I run Deavers on my 01 from when they used to supply Donahoe Racing with springs).....far superior to Superlift.
Superlift springs have had more issues ever since they started having them made in India.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Premium Member

I'm leaning towards the ICON.... I already have the Fabtech ladder bars so no need to go with the OUO. Plus, the price of the OUO....OUCH!!!! I am budget minded (just as 99.99% of the population these days) and will create the best lift my wallet will allow. Which is currently half of the front...

Now, shocks......which ones?? I hear alot of ppl tout about the bilsteins. I have read a few times (but can't find it again) about rates for the front and rear. I want to run single shocks and not spend a fortune but I know you get what you pay for. I am not an offroader except for the outer banks of NC. Come on shock gurus....
Old 09-30-2009, 12:31 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Bilsteins correctly valved..#5100 for your lift
Old 09-30-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondsman View Post
I'm leaning towards the ICON.... I already have the Fabtech ladder bars so no need to go with the OUO. Plus, the price of the OUO....OUCH!!!! I am budget minded (just as 99.99% of the population these days) and will create the best lift my wallet will allow. Which is currently half of the front...

Now, shocks......which ones?? I hear alot of ppl tout about the bilsteins. I have read a few times (but can't find it again) about rates for the front and rear. I want to run single shocks and not spend a fortune but I know you get what you pay for. I am not an offroader except for the outer banks of NC. Come on shock gurus....
Bilsteins or Icons would be the most cost effective 2.0 monotube shocks for that application.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Premium Member

Any experiences with FABTECH rear springs???? I just found a set of 6" (I'd have to use a block) for $300...... are they junk? Who makes them for Fabtech? Or should I just get the Icons???????
Old 10-03-2009, 07:16 AM

They ride pretty rough, but not terrible. I ride in alot of trucks with Icon/deaver etc so then riding in a truck with fab tech springs is a big difference. I would look for a set of 8 inch springs and do it right.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Premium Member

I know what you mean by going with an 8" spring and doing it right. I guess I will just get the Icons, I did just get the Rize 4-link for the front and dont want a crappy ride. I just figured the price was right and I could start concentrating on finding the best deal on shocks... My truck has a 4" lift on it now so I could use one of the blocks to add to the 6" springs to get my 7-8" lift. I don't know. I am a deal seeker and will wait til the right deal comes along.
I need rear springs, all 4 shocks, tires/wheels (18x12 or 20x12 pacer185p with 38/15.50s)
Once I get all the parts, I will start the truck elevation..... I can't wait, that Rize lift is just sitting in the garage calling to me. I have already copied the instructions and strategically placed a copy in each bathroom so I can study.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.