Stock Shocks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-27-2009, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
joeniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Waltham
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joeniel
Stock Shocks

I know this has been asked probably a million times, and ive searched, but I feel like Ive gotten a bunch of different answers looking at the different topics but..

Whats the best shock to go with to replace stock shocks?

I have no lift, dont have 5th wheel or do very much pulling, just completely stock suspension. If it matters, I do have a MM2 plow that I plow with.

Also, where to get them at the best price would be nice too if anyone knows. Total suspension newb here so

All input welcome.. thanks!

2002 F350 7.3
PHP FU, Isspro's, DIY Intake, 5" Stacks, WW, 08 Mirrors/Gate/Tails.. etc
Pics and full list of mods ~HERE~
Waltham, MA

Looking for an 8 foot bed in the New England area!
If you have one, or know who does, please PM me.

Last edited by joeniel; 09-27-2009 at 03:34 PM.
joeniel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 09-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
jamstoyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: michigan
Posts: 4,241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i just replaced my fronts with monroe reflex's. thats what was on there before and i really like them a lot. there like $110 for the fronts and about $80 for the rears. i bought them at my local advanced auto store. they also have a $20 rebate when you buy all 4. i only bought 2 tho.

05 Single Cab Short Bed
*03 Turbo*Stroked Injectors*AFE Stage 2*Small mouth Intake*SCT With Eric's Extreme Race*4.30 Gear*Best ET 13.5@99MPH*
jamstoyz is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 09-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
everyone loves the bilstein 5100s..

sale on them through the end of the month.

Can go through DCSpecial, shockwarehouse, etc, lots of sponsors on the site.


I'm a wh0re for free stuff
kinghawg98 is offline  
post #4 of 9 Old 09-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeniel View Post
I know this has been asked probably a million times, and ive searched, but I feel like Ive gotten a bunch of different answers looking at the different topics but..

Whats the best shock to go with to replace stock shocks?

I have no lift, dont have 5th wheel or do very much pulling, just completely stock suspension. If it matters, I do have a MM2 plow that I plow with.

Also, where to get them at the best price would be nice too if anyone knows. Total suspension newb here so

All input welcome.. thanks!
Anything we carry would be OEM upgrades. Bilsteins are the most popular shock we sell for trucks and suv's.
shockguys is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 09-28-2009, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
joeniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Waltham
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joeniel
Thanks for the replies everyone..

Probably gonna go with Bilstein's..
any other opionions?

Edit: Now Im confused:
Shockwarehouse.com gave me three options for Bilstein in my truck:
1. for double shock setup
2. for lifted 3-6
3. for lifted 2-4

my truck isnt lifted. Just completely stock. Help! lol
If anyone could send my the exact link to what I need, or a part #. Sorry for my lack of knowledge (probably stupid questions).
And no, I'm not putting them in. A friend is..
thanks!

2002 F350 7.3
PHP FU, Isspro's, DIY Intake, 5" Stacks, WW, 08 Mirrors/Gate/Tails.. etc
Pics and full list of mods ~HERE~
Waltham, MA

Looking for an 8 foot bed in the New England area!
If you have one, or know who does, please PM me.

Last edited by joeniel; 09-28-2009 at 06:16 PM.
joeniel is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 09-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeniel View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone..

Probably gonna go with Bilstein's..
any other opionions?

Edit: Now Im confused:
Shockwarehouse.com gave me three options for Bilstein in my truck:
1. for double shock setup
2. for lifted 3-6
3. for lifted 2-4

my truck isnt lifted. Just completely stock. Help! lol
If anyone could send my the exact link to what I need, or a part #. Sorry for my lack of knowledge (probably stupid questions).
And no, I'm not putting them in. A friend is..
thanks!
Stock Height:

Front - Bilstein shocks and struts for cars and trucks - Shockwarehouse.com)

Rear - Bilstein shocks and struts for cars and trucks - Shockwarehouse.com

The rears are 25% off until the end of this month...
shockguys is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 09-29-2009, 09:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
rod.10853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockguys View Post

Hey Shockguy,

I have a 2.5" lift in front and a 2" add-a-leaf in rear. I think I
need

BE5-6681-H5 for front

and

BE5-6246-H5 for rear.

Do you have those and are they right for my truck?

Rodney

08 F250 CC LWB 4x4 PSD, 6 SPD-Manual, 3.73 LS
2.5" Leveling Kit / 2" Superlift Add-a-Leaf
18" MT Classic II Wheels / 35" Toyo MT tires
Go Industries Rancher Grille Guard
SnugTop Truck Cap/Shell
Xtreme Liner
rod.10853 is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 09-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod.10853 View Post
Hey Shockguy,

I have a 2.5" lift in front and a 2" add-a-leaf in rear. I think I
need

BE5-6681-H5 for front

and

BE5-6246-H5 for rear.

Do you have those and are they right for my truck?
Well almost, those numbers have updated:

Front: F4-BE5-6681-H7 (manufacturer back order until 10/31).

Rear: F4-BE5-6246-H6 (available)

They are $75.70 each (gross), add 5% forum discount and free shipping to the CONUS.
shockguys is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 09-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
rod.10853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockguys View Post
Well almost, those numbers have updated:

Front: F4-BE5-6681-H7 (manufacturer back order until 10/31).

Rear: F4-BE5-6246-H6 (available)

They are $75.70 each (gross), add 5% forum discount and free shipping to the CONUS.
Ok. Thanks for the info and quick reply

Rodney

08 F250 CC LWB 4x4 PSD, 6 SPD-Manual, 3.73 LS
2.5" Leveling Kit / 2" Superlift Add-a-Leaf
18" MT Classic II Wheels / 35" Toyo MT tires
Go Industries Rancher Grille Guard
SnugTop Truck Cap/Shell
Xtreme Liner
rod.10853 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome