More lift to clear 37's - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 07:57 PM
powerstrokin

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drz400smoto
More lift to clear 37's

Well I went camping and got another flat tire last weekend. Got a nice slit in the tread area. I need new tires soon, so Im probably just going to get new ones instead of trying to fix this tire. Currently have 35" BFG KM2 with what I believe is a 4" inch lift. The front end sits a little lower than the rear so I was thinking of leveling out the truck and running some 37's. And possibly trimming the inner fender liner as well. Its a 2001 so I have leaf springs up front. What are the best options to get another inch or two out of the front? Im thinking of getting the 37x12.5x18 pro comp extreme all terrains. I just measured my wheels and I think I have about 4.5" of backspacing.
Here's a recent pic from the weekend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2009, 08:24 PM
powerstrokin

Any ideas or suggestions? I want to decide this week since pro-comps are buy 3 get 1 free until end of this month.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:22 AM

How about a mini spring pack in the front, or a spring hanger kit, with some larger blocks and or springs in the back.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

With a DR 4.5" hanger kit and X-springs (good for about an inch or so) giving me 5.5" - 6" of lift, I get some rubbing with my 37"s when turning into a driveway and such. This after I have shimmed the bumper out an inch or so, trimmed the valence and pulled back the inner fender liner. I have a 2" mini spring kit that I will add when I get some time. This should eliminate all the rubbing.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:20 AM
powerstrokin

Yea I was thinking about a spring kit for the front or a hanger kit. could I just put blocks up front? As of not I just have springs up front.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'll be the 1st to say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to blocks up front!!! Never do this. Most likely illegal as well. Use the mini spring pack. It's the cheapest way to get a small lift up front. Here is the kit I used Link

You may also need to consider longer shocks, track bar bracket, Pitman arm etc. depending on what you have now.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:54 PM
powerstrokin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOSEWHEEL View Post
I'll be the 1st to say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to blocks up front!!! Never do this. Most likely illegal as well. Use the mini spring pack. It's the cheapest way to get a small lift up front. Here is the kit I used Link

You may also need to consider longer shocks, track bar bracket, Pitman arm etc. depending on what you have now.
Ok thats what I needed to know, I didn't think blocks sounded right up front.
How hard is the install on shackle kit or mini spring pack? And how do I know if I need track bar bracket, Pitman arm, ect?
Old 09-22-2009, 05:03 PM
powerstrokin

I went and got prices for 35x12.5x18 procomp extreme AT today and the best price I found was a little less than $1200 with a tire warranty, at discount tire. So it would probably be another 150 to 200 for 37's and another 200 at least for some more lift.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:07 PM
powerstrokin

How can I tell if the front it lifted? I've looked at the springs and its a 3 spring pack with ford stamped on them. Any chance front it not lifted with my current 35's?
Old 09-23-2009, 08:29 PM
powerstrokin

Any ideas here guys? I need to decide if Im going to get 35's or 37's in the next few days since pro-comps buy 3 get 1 free deal ends the 30th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.