Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Stiff ride, new tires help?

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  CJATE 
#1 ·
My 15' 350 QCLB is just too hash empty. I'm not going to change out the suspension, think I'd rather sell it.

Before I do that, would changing out my OEM tires help? I'm running 65psi up front and 55 in the rear with 400lbs of cement in the bed. Just hate it.

If tires help, what brand is recommended?
I need MT's anyway.

Blah blah blah

#2 ·
If your not maxing out your load carrying ability, go to D rated tires. You will have to live with that stupid tpms light on the dash though. I run 40lbs in my d rated tires and it smooths things out a lot. You said you didn't want to change the suspension but a quality shock like the bilstien will go a long way to smooth things out as well.

#8 ·
Constant highway shimmy

Had this new to me 15 for 4 months now.

Few things I don't like, but the constant but slight shimmy on the interstate is a potential deal breaker. I've done new D rated tires, less air, more air, alignment, another alignment. It's both under acceleration and non, so I don't think it's drive line. Even had 500lbs in the bed up against tailgate.

Where to look now?

It's long bed 350. I did not expect it to ride like a Cadillac, but I did expect to talk with out my voice vibrating on the highway.

Blah blah blah

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.