Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

droping the back down

677 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  03f250stroke 
#1 ·
how would you go about dropping the back end down to level it out to the front on a 2004 6.0 cc shortbed

#3 ·
flip shackles or drop shackles. theres a few with lowered trucks on here, maybe they have some better suggestions... Google suspension drop kits for an F250 and something will surely come up.

#5 ·
OK. I've been meaning to ask this for a while. I'm creeping up into "old guy" territory age wise so I'm a little out of touch. What is the point of this? Is it considered cooler or better looking if these trucks sit level? Do the people who put leveling kits in not tow or load stuff in the truck very often. If my truck sat level empty it would spend most of it's time with it's headlights pointing at the trees. Back in the day we always liked the way a vehicle looked with a little rake.

#7 ·
take the block out.

mine has 3 leafs in the rear. blocks and overload springs are out. since it was like that i put 16 or 18 pieces of sheetrock in there..loaded fine, def took a dip with that much weight. but i dont tow or ever put stuff in there, that time i had to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.