How does your lift ride - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How does your lift ride

I have an 06 that I just bought with a fabtech 8" radius arm in the front and full springs in the rear. I just new 37x13.5x20 Nitto mud grapplers on. My issue with the truck is it rides like a log wagon. I have road in several other 05+ lifted super duties and none ride as rough as mine. Any insight on what I can do to get this thing to ride good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2009, 07:17 PM

First off, the generic shocks that come with these lifts suck. Get better shocks and that'll help a bit. And what kind of springs do you have in the rear? That'll make a world of a difference depending on what you have.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Rice Hunter

YUP!!! Those standard shock SUCK big time!! Upgrade and you will be happy!! Their Dirt Logic Shocks cost a pretty penny but make one huge difference in ride!!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:50 PM

I was thinking about doing shocks. I have heard great things about the bilstein shocks, I may have to look into them. How can I find out which type of springs are in the rear?
Old 09-05-2009, 09:52 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i ride on a 38x15.50x20 and i had 20x10 wheels. i reciently upgraded to a 20x12 and it made a huge difference. shocks make a huge difference but also make sure youre tire is riding on the recomended wheel width.

my 4 link rides ok, im about to upgrade to bilstiens in the rear and new springs in the front and see if it makes much of a difference.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jason.
I have an 04 which has leafs all around, and it rides better than my brother in laws 05 with a fabtech 8" 4link..

I have 4.5" fabtech softride springs, 3" shackles for 7.5" of front lift, and a 5" block with factory springs in the rear, all procomp MX series reservoir shocks.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:52 AM

I have the 6" stage 1 pro comp lift on mine with the cheap shocks that came with it, and I have the 6" soft ride springs in the rear and my truck is about the same as stock fx4 suspension. I want to upgrade to some bilsteins in the near future.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor-CalF250 View Post
I have the 6" stage 1 pro comp lift on mine with the cheap shocks that came with it, and I have the 6" soft ride springs in the rear and my truck is about the same as stock fx4 suspension. I want to upgrade to some bilsteins in the near future.
so you are using a spring lift in the rear, not bigger blocks then? Which springs did you buy for the rear?
Old 09-06-2009, 03:09 PM

thats correct, I bought the pro comp springs from 4wheelparts, they were like $170. a piece. I ran blocks befor I purchaced the springs. Next I need some traction bars and bilsteins
Old 09-07-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor-CalF250 View Post
thats correct, I bought the pro comp springs from 4wheelparts, they were like $170. a piece. I ran blocks befor I purchaced the springs. Next I need some traction bars and bilsteins
do you get a lot of axle wrap with these springs? Thats one thing I can say about my springs I don get any axle wrap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.