4x4 components to 2x4 dually - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4x4 components to 2x4 dually

Hi everyone,
I hope this is the right section to put this in.
I have a 2000 4x4 v10 crew cab srw with a bent rear frame section(4 foot long).
I tried to straighten it but we couldn't remove the twist.
I own a early 1999 2x4 7.3 crew cab dually with a bad cab(accordian roof rollover project).
I 'm looking to swap the 2000 4x4 cab and 4x4 t-case, trans and front suspension over to the 1999 2x4 dually frame.
Have any of you all done this swap?
I can't tell from the 2000 4x4 frame if all of the gear will bolt to the 1999 2x4 dually frame.
And because the 1999 2x4 is a early 1999 I 'm thinking that there will be some bracket issues and such.
Also swapping from the v10 over to the 7.3 will the v10 trans bolt to the 7.3?
Or should I replace the tail section on the 7.3 trans to a 4x4 to bolt up to the t-case.
I would really appreciate any help that anyone is willing to give me on this issue. I've got two trucks and can't use either of them.
I would really like my dually to be 4x4 so I can stop getting stuck all the time.
Thanks for your time.
Smokin' Corn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 07:24 AM

you might be better asking at a place like pirate4x4. they do tons of fab work over there and might have a better idea. One warning about pirate, come with a thick skin. they can be a bit harsh at times.

micky
Old 08-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks

Hi Micky,
Thanks for the reply. I'll try pirate4x4, I don't mind a little harshness as long as they give the correect information.
I've got to go to CT. to pick up my 4x4 wreck(never loan a truck to a family memberfor moving) so I have at least a month before I can start wrenching.
Thanks for your time though, it is appreciated.
Sincerely,
Smokin' Corn
Old 08-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Rockstar Edition Send a message via Yahoo to Rockstar Edition
yes it's very possible, there's an older version of the magazine diesel builder where the guy took a 2 wheel drive and made it 4 wheel drive. yes it's possible.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Rockstar Edition Send a message via Yahoo to Rockstar Edition
also call my wife if you're interested in funding this project, I need a grey or black interior for my crew cab, and I will GLADLY buy the interior from you!
Old 08-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

interior

hi 99250on14inches,
I've got the whole interior that is grey vinyl.
I have to figure out if I am going to rebuild the donor 4x4 after I do the swap.
A person I met at a truck stop said I should take my 2x4 and put it on the 4x4frame after I cut and splice in a rear frame side.
This is pretty straight forward except I'll have to swap motor,trans,wiring harness and dually rear end and I don't like frame welding.
I'll let you know about the interior though.
The only thing I wont do is get between your wife and your truck parts purchases,no way!
That situation is dangerous, I know I've got one too, they just don't get it.
I'll let you know as soon as the 4x4 gets in my hands about the interior.
Thanks for your time.
Smokin' Corn
Old 08-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Maybe this will help you out the frames on 99 up superdutys 4wd or 2wd are the same you just have to change the brackets for the coil springs in the front depending on which one you want to use all the 4x4 stuff will bolt under if are using the 2 wd stuff torch your rivets out of the front brackets and bolt them back in on the other frame. Gas trans will not bolt up to diesel and if your wanting to put the diesel over in the gas cab or vice versa prob should pull your dash and swap wiring. It sounds like a big job but not that bad. You also will have to change all the wiring under the hood. If your swamping from gas to diesel cabs. This is not step by step but maybe get you started and some info.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Banned

yeah let me know on that, I might just be interested in buying everything but the dash and seats in that case.....not a fan of the vynil interiors...but I am interested in everything else, including the headliner....I say call my wife cause she's in Florida....Im in Kuwait right now, I kinda cant call LOL...she's buying everything for me...I tell her what to buy and she does.....also do you wanna sell one of the stock radios out of it cheap? my truck just got broken into and they stole my radio out of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.