Dual Steering Stabilizers... Which One??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dual Steering Stabilizers... Which One???

Anybody have some advice on a dual steering stabilizer setup, which one do you guys perfer?

Saw this at summit and was interested, anybody know about it? Trail Master Suspension 7289 - Trail Master SSV Steering Stabilizers – SummitRacing.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2009, 05:07 PM

there are a lot of cheap ones on the market that will bend or possibly break... ICON/DR is one of the best, and RIZE has another good one.... OUO has a single one but it performs better than most duals.... most of what you find out there cheap, will be just that cheap... your best bet is to save a little more and get one worth while.. just my opinion though
Old 08-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

ICON Dual stabilizer

I recently have installed the ICON dual steering stabilizer w/ ICON shocks and I love them. My truck handles so much better and never feel the vibration of the road at all anymore. They look great too.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:20 PM

Dont know if it matters but really dont do too much off-roading. ALOT of plowing and towing though. Do i really need to spend $400+ on one or will a Rancho (or other $200 type) kit work for me?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:26 PM

if you are pplowing you will have more abuse that offroading... yes its worth spending the more money
Old 08-13-2009, 05:30 PM

You don't have to spend $400 to get a nice kit close but not quite $400 I got the procomp kit with fox 2.0 stabilizers $325 shipped to my door from trucktoyz I believe I went to their eBay store hope I helped. BTW I did have the rancho kit and they were ok but they didn't have even a quater of the return to center that the fox do!
Old 08-13-2009, 05:35 PM

Getting a high end stabilizer like Fox, icon, king, or radflo is a must but that is only half the battle... if you are putting a lot of stress the brackets can bend and break... procomp, fabtech, and so on are decent and less expensive... and you can probably get away with them but it comes down to if you wanna make sure the truck wont need a repair, or just chance it at that...
Old 08-13-2009, 06:33 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have the Rough Country dual kit. Bought it from Top Gun Customz for right at $100 shipped. It took almost all of my death wobble from the truck. I plan on getting a new track bar and adjusting my caster to fix it for good. But for now, the stabilizers help a ton. I'm sure there are a lot of better brands out there, but the RC kit has sturdy bracketry, and mediocre shocks. But hey, for $100 you can't beat it at all!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:51 PM

i wouldnt run rough country on my ex-wifes vehicle.. and I cant stand her... let alone my vehicle.... their stuff is cheap chinese garbage and I have seen many of their products bend, break, snap, and so on... geometry is all wrong, and the list goes on... NO CHINESE GARBAGE FOR ME... USA ALL THE WAY
Old 08-14-2009, 03:41 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I run the FabTech Dirt Logic stabs and have been very pleased with the way they soak up the bumps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.