Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2012 Crooked steering wheel after plow install

984 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  PCL 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 I just had fisher plow push plates installed and now my steering wheel is off to the left almost an 1/8 of a turn. The truck has stock suspension and only 36k for miles. The axle is shifted slightly to the driver's side. The only thing I can think is the sway bar has to be taken off and reinstalled to put in the plow mount and that's pulling the axle over. I do plan on leveling and getting an adjustable track bar, but not until the spring and I'd like to solve the problem first the truck drives fine and straight just the wheel is off.

#3 ·
You're changing your front ride height which basically moves the frame and body closer to the axle (due to the weight of the plow). Since the drag link length was unchanged this will push your steering wheel to the left (it would be just like if you made the drag link longer). You need to shorten your drag link by turning the adjusting sleeve. Looking in on the RF wheel the drag link sleeve will need rotated counter clock wise until the steering wheel returns to straight.

This is not an alignment adjustment, just moves the steering wheel. An adjustable trac bar is not going to be needed. If the plow weight caused the axle to shift it would be towards the passenger side, the axle being off to the drivers side is pretty normal on these trucks especially with heavier springs or a leveling kit.

#4 ·
My 07 didn't move the steering wheel with the plow on and that front end is the same. The wheel is crooked even without the plow on so I don't know what caused the axle to shift. I'll look under the truck tomorrow to see if anything is obviously wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.