NEW! - 7.3L Dipstick Adapter Repair Kit - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Strictly Diesel Strictly Diesel

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 07:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NEW! - 7.3L Dipstick Adapter Repair Kit

Sorry, no big horsepower from this one...but we still thought this product was pretty darn cool. The website explains it in more detail, but in short...it's a true solution to the leak problems with the factory dipstick adapter and it eliminates the need to remove the engine/oil pan to repair the leak properly.

For what it's worth, the hardest part of the install will be removing the nut from a stock adapter with messed up threads or that has been "fixed" before with silicone or epoxy. Once the stock junk has been removed, installation (and removal should it need to be serviced) is fast and easy, requires no special tools and never requires removal of the engine or oil pan.

Dipstick Adapter Repair Kit

Let us know if you've got any questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2011, 11:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
maybe if it was 35-50 $ but 300, I will stick to using pick tools and a wire brush to repair.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

OK, whatever works for you.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

350 bucks sale 300 bucks????

How much profit are you guys trying to make on this kit?Come on?What about testing how long have you had one of these kits acctually on a truck??Are you only trying to sell to the guy that screwed up and droped the threaded part in the oil pan????Looks like a good idea but pricing is crazy!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 04:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I'm sorry that I can't offer these at the "truly amazing introductory price of $19.95, where if you call now, we'll double your order and give you 2 for the price of one and free shipping if you just pay this small processing fee".

Look, I've been in this business for 11 years and I've been building my own custom products since DAY ONE. I've tried all sorts of pricing methodologies for the stuff I've made and the stuff I just resell, and I've come to the conclusion that no matter what I do, unless I'm giving the stuff away, someone will be unhappy with the price. If I stick to MAP pricing to stay in the good graces of my suppliers and make sure my customers are purchasing from an authorized dealer so they still have a warranty...and offer free shipping on the item...someone still calls and beats me up over the fact that they can get it cheaper on ebay or from some fly by night operation. I can accept all of that, it's just how this business goes.

On the other hand, what I can't accept and what really upsets me is when I'm accused of intentionally gouging someone. I do NOT operate my business that way and I take personal offense at the suggestion. It's one thing to question the price, it's something entirely different to be insulting about it. My short answer to the comment above is simply, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

What I will not do is make apologies for the price on this product. In the first place, the person that put the time, money and effort into designing, prototyping, testing and manufacturing this product needs to be compensated for his work. There is absolutely no point in manufacturing the part if he's not going to make enough to justify the effort, particularly since his business is fabrication and this is how he makes his living. In addition, as the company that has invested in the inventory, is paying for the advertising, is taking the pre and post sale technical calls and is having to endure the insulting postings from people like the above poster, we are entitled to make something on the sale as well. I'm not sure how much you think we are making on this part, but when you consider the fact that many of the sales have been made to "shops" (who we discount to further so they can offer the product at the same retail price that we do), I can assure you it's not as much as you think.

Look, if you want to fix it cheaper, get the kit from international and cross your fingers. If you're lucky, the back piece doesn't have damaged threads and isn't warped, the nut isn't damaged, you won't drop the back piece into the pan and changing the o-rings will fix your leak. Heck, don't even bother doing all of that, just clean the outside really good and cover it with either silicone or jbweld (we've seen both of those on trucks in our shop)...whatever suits you.

The point is, there are less expensive ways to fix this problem, so it's not like we've got a monopoly on the fix and we're taking everyone for a ride. We simply have what we believe is a better way to fix the problem, one that can be installed very quickly (how much is your time worth?), can be easily serviced if you somehow develop a leak past the double o-ring seal (again, how much is your time worth?) and one that is made from far superior materials when compared to the POS pot metal stock piece. Take your pick, I'm good with whatever you decide.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Old 03-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

It turns out that there is a fitment problem with this product and HYPERMAX connecting rods. For specific information and photos showing the problem, please see the notice in RED at this link:

Dipstick Adapter Repair Kit

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.