DIY Spray on Liner - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Stealth Automotive Stealth Automotive

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 08:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
DIY Spray on Liner

So im going to start selling this DIY spray on liner... its better than hurculiner and all you really need is a decent compressor to run the gun.... i have my kit coming next week so i can try it out but so far from the pics they have sent me and the videos i saw on their site im impressed...

let me know what you guys think: Al's Liner::Ultimate Automotive Coatings

prices is pretty comparable to hurculiner....

here is a intro video: Al's Liner::Ultimate Automotive Coatings

here is some info in what comes with the kit:

1 Gallon Kit = Retail: $95.00
70 – Ounces of Al’s Liner A.
28 – Ounces of Al’s Liner B.
28 – Ounces of Al’s Liner C.
6 – Ounces Primer.
4 – Ounces of Color.
1 – Mix Paddle.
1- Squirt Handle Nozzle for Primer

2. Spray Gun = Retail: $55.00
Spray Gun includes the specialized tip and trigger control for various applications and allows the user to vary the texture and pattern by adjusting trigger pull and air pressure verses the standard undercoating gun. Also includes a 1.25 gallon half lid hopper.

those are the prices and whats included in the kits... i was told the gun is good for about 50-70 uses... check out the videos int he link i put up.. it shows you the steps to do it.. i think its going to work very well.... and its not a bad price... you only need to buy the gun once... and just buy the spray which is around the same price of the herculiner stuff....

-Raul

Last edited by Raul@Stealth Automotive; 03-10-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2009, 08:05 AM
a truck

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So it comes with the gun an everything you need, how much coverage can you get with a gallon or however the order works? Im planning on pulling out my drop in and was going to herculine it in a couple weeks but this looks like a better option, thanks for the info raul!
Old 03-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt P View Post
So it comes with the gun an everything you need, how much coverage can you get with a gallon or however the order works? Im planning on pulling out my drop in and was going to herculine it in a couple weeks but this looks like a better option, thanks for the info raul!
they told me 1 gal will do a 6 foot bed...

and what i like about this one is it will not fade like other liners... also you can mix automotive paint into it to color match or put flakes in it...

the DIY liner was made out of this: Scorpion Truck Bed Linings :: World Wide Leaders in Spray on Truck Bed Protection.

that is their parent company.. but they developed a DIY kit that anyone with a compressor can use...

now depending on how thick you want the bed coating will determine how many gallons you want.. he said to do a 1/4 thick liner you would need 3 gallons...

but my linex is no where near that thick.. its maybe 1/16 at the most...

ill more than likely be doing my brothers bed or his bumpers... one of the two...
Old 03-06-2009, 08:11 AM
a truck

hmmm ok cool, I wouldnt need a 1/4" thick but Id probably still buy about two gallons, what kind of spray gun would I need? and also do you have pricing on it yet?
Old 03-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Let us know how it works. I might just be interested in this!
Old 03-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
hmmm ok cool, I wouldnt need a 1/4" thick but Id probably still buy about two gallons, what kind of spray gun would I need? and also do you have pricing on it yet?
1 Gallon Kit = Retail: $95.00
70 – Ounces of Al’s Liner A.
28 – Ounces of Al’s Liner B.
28 – Ounces of Al’s Liner C.
6 – Ounces Primer.
4 – Ounces of Color.
1 – Mix Paddle.
1- Squirt Handle Nozzle for Primer

2. Spray Gun = Retail: $55.00
Spray Gun includes the specialized tip and trigger control for various applications and allows the user to vary the texture and pattern by adjusting trigger pull and air pressure verses the standard undercoating gun. Also includes a 1.25 gallon half lid hopper.

those are the prices and whats included in the kits... i was told the gun is good for about 50-70 uses... check out the videos int he link i put up.. it shows you the steps to do it.. i think its going to work very well.... and its not a bad price... you only need to buy the gun once... and just buy the spray which is around the same price of the herculiner stuff....

-Raul
Old 03-06-2009, 08:47 AM
a truck

Awesome thanks for all the info, I will probably be buying a gallon or two off you soon!
Old 03-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Awesome thanks for all the info, I will probably be buying a gallon or two off you soon!
cool bud let me know... im supposed to get my dealer info with pics ect. with my shipment of my gun and a 1 gal kit.. once i have that ill be adding it to my site.... and def make a thread and writeup on it...

-Raul
Old 03-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

That doesn't sound like a bad deal at all. I think the biggest part of doing a liner is prep.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbols View Post
That doesn't sound like a bad deal at all. I think the biggest part of doing a liner is prep.
yup it is... just scuffing the surface and cleaning it good.. then masking off whatever you dont want sprayed...

but even doing all that its still alot cheaper then going with something like rhino lining and it looks way better than hurculiner...

im actually really excited about this... i have been coming up with ideas of stuff i want sprayed lol... gonna do a wheel barrow just the outside.. cause one of mine is only a month old and all the paint on the outside peeled off...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.