LED's for gauges - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Stealth Automotive Stealth Automotive

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
LED's for gauges

Hey guys how many people would be interested in LED replacement bulbs for autometer gauges? i know i get alot of people complain about being able to see the lower end gauges like the z series at night.. and i know autometer has replacement bulbs but they are 10 bucks each...

i have some in my hands right now (blue) that i can get for alot cheaper than that and if there is enough interest ill buy some more.... ill get some pics up later today of what the diff looks like...

EDIT***** got some 6 LED in green and blue... price until the end of the month is 15.00+ship on them.. you can get them here http://www.stealth-automotive.com/in...roduct_id=1631

Kits include 3 bulbs

let me know

here are some pics
obviously the top ones are the 6LED ones middle is single LED and bottom is stock

Last edited by Raul@Stealth Automotive; 06-23-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Put me down, Raul. I would be interested in 1 set, but I'd kinda like to see the difference in lighting that the singles put out versus the 6-LED bulb. If they are too bright, I might want a dimmer switch, too.

My current lamp bulbs are perfect for me, but wouldn't mind upgrading to LED's. Also, what colors are you going to offer? Mine are currently green to match the dash...
Old 04-30-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Eye View Post
Put me down, Raul. I would be interested in 1 set, but I'd kinda like to see the difference in lighting that the singles put out versus the 6-LED bulb. If they are too bright, I might want a dimmer switch, too.

My current lamp bulbs are perfect for me, but wouldn't mind upgrading to LED's. Also, what colors are you going to offer? Mine are currently green to match the dash...
yah im waiting for it to get dark so i can take some pics of the diff between all of them...

right now we have blue in stock and if enough people want the greens i can get green too.. but i have to buy in bulk of 100 bulbs and it will take about 2 weeks to get in...

-Raul
Old 04-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Air Assault!!

Send a message via AIM to MPTonyT
I would like to see pics too.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:59 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Eye View Post

Why didnt you run yours on with the rest of the dash lights? That way you can dim them.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Unapologetically American

I'd love to change out all my interior lights to blue, since the truck is blue, and its mine and my wifes favorite color. I'd like to see pics before you put me down for a set
Old 04-30-2010, 03:51 PM

ok i just wired up some random Z series gauges in a 3 gauge pod.. so im ready to take pictures of it as soon as it gets dark...

-Raul
Old 04-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokenstroke View Post
Why didnt you run yours on with the rest of the dash lights? That way you can dim them.
I did run them that way and they are the exact same brightness as my dash lights, which is perfect. My concern is if the LED's are too bright, then I don't want to dim my dash lights to make the LED's the correct brightness.

Thanks, Raul!
Old 04-30-2010, 04:27 PM

OK, makes sense!
Old 04-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Premium Member

I'm interested, but can't promise anything. I bought one EV2 Isspro gauge and now it doesn't match my other 2 EV1's with the regular bulbs. Trying to decide now whether to replace the other ones or get some LED bulbs.
-Aaron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.