NAACP BOYCOTT - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 08:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NAACP BOYCOTT

NAACP Branch Readies for Confederate Flag Fight - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

So the naacp wants NASCAR to ban the display of the Confederate flag at the races, meaning they want NASCAR to tell it's loyal fans "No you can't exercise your right to freedom of expression." And for them to say they will boycott the race if NASCAR doesn't ban the flag is something I find quite humorous, who cares if a group of people that have never been to a race boycott it? Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2009, 08:14 AM
Banned

I personally do not care for the confederate flag but if you want to fly it go ahead and do it. This is just one more right that people are trying to take away from us.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:15 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Don't surprise me. Being Nascar which is founded in the south. Has the Southern heritage behind it.

I am sure that Nascar will go with the NCAAP to prevent any serious law suit. How ever I don't think it is up to Nascar to dictate what can be done at the tracks. I think it should be the tracks that make the decission.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Serving Our Country!

NASCAR already prohibits the display of the Confederate flag on any NASCAR related item, i.e. Cars, Sponsorships, etc. That's not good enough for the NAACP though. They want them to ban people wearing shirts, and or, any other display of the flag. I guess they'll have to boycott Mississippi now too.

It never ceases to amaze me how the very people who cry for civil rights try to stop those same rights of those who don't agree with them.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
Don't surprise me. Being Nascar which is founded in the south. Has the Southern heritage behind it.

I am sure that Nascar will go with the NCAAP to prevent any serious law suit. How ever I don't think it is up to Nascar to dictate what can be done at the tracks. I think it should be the tracks that make the decission.
But the flag has already been banned on everything NASCAR, cars, merchandise, etc. The naacp wants them to tell fans they can't wear things like dixie outfitter shirts because they have the confederate flag.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:26 AM
Learning the 6.0 game…...

Yet just another example of what is wrong with the American society today. Everyone is so worried about "hurting someones feelings" and being politically correct. I say F IT!

The confederate flag is used by hate groups, but in large it is used as an expression of having pride in your region of birth. I know that even as a "Yankee" people born in the south are tremendously proud of being southern. Isn't the southern ideals what most of us talk about on here? Slavery aside they stood up to the government and the imposed huge taxes on southern cotton and tobacco.

I'm so sick of people doing the tap dance to try to make everyone happy. Not everyone is going to like EVERYTHING THE EXACT SAME WAY.

Speaking of NAACP, have you all seen the new political group NAAWP? How about White Entertainment Television? How about the United Caucasian College Fund? No? Me either, IT WOULD BE CONSIDERED RACIST
Old 05-27-2009, 08:28 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator0175 View Post
But the flag has already been banned on everything NASCAR, cars, merchandise, etc. The naacp wants them to tell fans they can't wear things like dixie outfitter shirts because they have the confederate flag.
Which is why I stated I don't think it is up to Nascar at this point. I believe it should be up to the track at which the event is held at.

Let the NCAAP go to Talladega for a race. I would love to see them tell the spectators down there they can't wear that shirt or can't have that flag displaying.

Does the NCAAP even realize that NASCAR was formed in the southern states.

After racers were catching heat for racing on streets.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Bird is the Word

I bet Obama will try to make the NAACP an organization sponsored by the govt. and he will be in charge of that too
Old 05-27-2009, 08:57 AM
wriott

its part of the damn history of the US. who cares and if someone doesnt like it then thats thier problem not everyone elses. people just need to learn to keep thier opinions to themselves. im sick of hearing people complain about this and that. what happend to people jsut getting along and not *****ing about what the other is doing. im pissed about this all of the tree huggin hippies, city slickers, etc just need to crawl under a rock and go **** themselves
Old 05-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Premium Member

I guess you know my thougts I'll have mine flying high at Dover in a few days!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.