Pastrana to race St Louis SX - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pastrana to race St Louis SX

WOW i just might have to book a ticket
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I thought he gave up sx for rally, and not to mention trying a backflip in a monster truck on Nitro Circus
Old 03-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Premium Member

Yea he races rally but he likes st Louis and tries to run that race. i have been reading on other forums it might have to do with keeping his number. not sure tho......very entertaining to watch race tho

I just hope it not like some forums are saying DeCoster try to help Scab Reed win by stacking the field with blockers

Last edited by RockStar_199; 03-15-2009 at 02:24 PM. Reason: info
Old 03-17-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStar_199 View Post
Yea he races rally but he likes st Louis and tries to run that race. i have been reading on other forums it might have to do with keeping his number. not sure tho......very entertaining to watch race tho

I just hope it not like some forums are saying DeCoster try to help Scab Reed win by stacking the field with blockers
I don't think he's going to be there as a blocker. Remember he ran Daytona a couple of years ago and was doing really well until he ended up on the ground. I hate the fact that he's never finished a big bike (250 2stroke or 450 4stroke) race. I believe he has the speed and talent to win, even today, but he just doesn't know any limits. That has been his down fall. Bubba a few years ago was a lot like Travis, but he's learned control where Travis hasn't.

Have you watched any of the Nitro Circus? The man clearly doesn't have the switch that tells a person not do something 99.9% of the rest of us wouldn't even think about.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:45 PM

You guys need to check out the movie 199 lives. Its pretty cool its like a documentery on Travis and he states in the movie that his heart just isnt in motocross anymore its more on rally and freestyle. You really should try to find it its an awesome movie. Get thrillbillies and thrillbillies double wide while your at it
Old 03-17-2009, 05:02 PM

I watched that & it was pretty cool. The things he did in his own time while he was racing proves that he didn't have desire to have a full career racing motorcycles. I saw that once freestyle became mainstream. His focus was more on that and having fun doing whatever he wanted. I can't blame him, he's makes money having an insane amount of fun.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:05 PM

Ya insane stuff. Its pretty funny that is sponsors got mad for him doing freestyle! They said it wouldnt take him anywhere now look at him. Guess mtv isnt anywhere
Old 03-17-2009, 05:15 PM

I know. Even my dad knows who Travis Pastrana is. I bet he is the most recognizable motocross racer to those outside of the sport in history.

Imagine how good he would have been if he dedicated himself to racing. Ricky & Chad wouldn't have near as many titles and Bubba would have somebody to race with.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:19 PM

ya i agree but the things he does with a sti is pretty sick. ill post a link of ken block drift practicing sick sick sick.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:21 PM

Is that the one at an abandoned airport? That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.