Top Fuel Teams dropping out - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Top Fuel Teams dropping out

Doug Tyo, The owner of the Vegas Express Fuel /Top fuel car was just in my store this morning, We sat at my desk for over an hour discussing his plans to retire after this season. Not because he wants to, Because the price of fuel Hotels and the lack of Sponsorship is running him out of business. He informed me all the Nitro is now coming from China, There is no more left in the US. Also informed me for the next five races they are going to half track only The conversation went on about other teams dropping some filing bankruptcy others pissed at MOTEL 6 because they are the national IHRA sponsor and are now owned by rag heads. But one point I wanted to post was this. He told me his Friends in NASCAR let him know there will be at least 5 teams that bail by the end of the season.
Reason is ECONOMY. They can't afforded to pay without sponsorship.

Just thought I would let y'all know how I spent the past 2 hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2008, 09:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to Barchetta
Motel 6 is owned by Accor, a French company. Their are only a few Motel 6s that are franchised. Maybe they have had the misfortune of staying at the franchised ones.

Either way, sucks for the racers.

We have a lady here that organizes horse cutting shows around the US and she said they are seeing the same effect. Less people traveling to compete, less spectators. This is going to happen to everyone.

EDIT: Never mind, I just reread. They never stayed at a Motel 6.

Last edited by Barchetta; 07-10-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:15 AM

WOW! This is crappy news. I can't understand why China is the only place that produces Nitro. You would this it could be produced here for the same amount as it does there plus the shipping to get it here. Also the Motel 6 thing is the main reason I stay at Hilton hotels when I travel.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitwound View Post
WOW! This is crappy news. I can't understand why China is the only place that produces Nitro. You would this it could be produced here for the same amount as it does there plus the shipping to get it here. Also the Motel 6 thing is the main reason I stay at Hilton hotels when I travel.
He explained that the Petragon Family bought all the Nitro in the US and is Selling it to the top points holders in the NHRA only, This is to keep the racing going til the end of the season. And there is only enough to finish the season. That is why they are getting it from China. He also explained how China uses "Dirty Water" to produce this Fuel.

But you know how people explain things, You get one side of the story. But I kept prodding him for info, Then he warmed up and away we went.
The Motel 6/ Something 8 was a his personal poke, He told me they are franchising only to "Dots" or Asian woman as the SBA will only give them loans.
From what I gathered it is close to impossible for a White man to get a loan from the SBA
Old 07-10-2008, 09:40 AM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
That does suck to hear, but the 1/2 track thing is kinda real.

NHRA (after scott kalita's crash) is dropping 320 feet off the races. now they will be racing 1000 ft instead of 1320..
Old 07-10-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohnWayne View Post
That does suck to hear, but the 1/2 track thing is kinda real.

NHRA (after scott kalita's crash) is dropping 320 feet off the races. now they will be racing 1000 ft instead of 1320..
Doug said that everything happens in a car after 1000ft And the direction of the NHRA is going to be to LEAN on the track owners to add another 1/8 for shut down. He said every track has shut down then "Kitty Liter" "Net" then "Wall". They want that wall another 1/8 mile away.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Conservative and Proud

I think they are Super 8 motels. And this bites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very very sad!
Old 07-10-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee34 View Post
I think they are Super 8 motels. And this bites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very very sad!
Your right, SUPER 8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.