Gearin up for NASCAR - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gearin up for NASCAR

Who all is into NASCAR?...My Sundays (or Saturdays) through out the year consist of NASCAR and watchin the Denver Broncos. Ive been watchin NASCAR since I was little if I could catch a race on TV.

Whos everybody pull for?
Whos gonna take the championship this year?
Whos goin to a race? (Im going to Vegas-5th year in a row)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2008, 08:19 PM

dude i cant wait for daytona. i was a ricky rudd fan but since he has retired i am leaning towards carl edwards. i honestly dont care as long as a ford wins, they pay the bills. and I HATE TOYOTA!!!!! that was a huge bummer when they let them in.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Yeah looking forward to Daytona. I don't have a fav driver anymore they have all jumped ship to the Toyota house. Brand Loyalty isn't as important to me in Nascar, however I just can't root for a yota.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Premium Member

Yeah i can't wait till Daytona. Been a Nascar fan for a long time, my favorite driver is Mark Martin but since he cut down his schedule so much i've been looking to root for a new driver but i'm having a hard time deciding on who that's gonna be. Been going to Pocono for the last 6 years since i live 10 minutes from the track. Besides Pocono i've been to Daytona and Dover a few times. This year i'm going to Darlington and maybe New Hampshire. I could'nt begin to guess who's going to win the championship this year.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:40 PM

I can't wait for it to start. As far as drivers don't like toys!! As far as I am concerned they shouldn't be there! JMO Wish I could go see a race . I like (don't hate me ) but I like Kurt Busch.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:43 PM

cant wait till april for the first texas race...the track is 20 min from the house. i like carl edwards. no clue on the championship. prob a hendrick driver...but i bet roush is there in the top as well
Old 02-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Been a NASCAR fan for ~35 years. Been to a lot of tracks, mainly Michigan. We gave up those tickets because we got season tickets to Bristol last year. Things sure have changed in the sport but I still like it. I root for Roush Racing. I remember when Mark Martin drove the Folger's Coffee car. The first race I went to in Bristol, think it was the fall of '98, Mark won driving the Valvoline car.
The Shootout is Saturday.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:43 AM

I would also guess that a Hendricks driver will win the championship it will be interesting to see if Jr will do anything there he will have no excuses now he has all the resources and a good team so we will see I am going to the truck race in daytona on friday I got free tickets and I only live about 2 1/2 hrs from daytona so I figured it would be fun I have been to daytona b4 for a bush race and to a bush race in Homestead last year but have never made it to a cup race I have been talking to my father in law and might try to make a trip to Bristol this year but we will see I thought about trying to make it to Daytona 500 this year but thought about it to late its sold out
Old 02-06-2008, 10:56 AM

Id love to go to Bristol!!! That and Atlanta are probably my favorite tracks. I dont have one favorite driver, rather I pull for a couple. Back a couple years ago I pulled for Rusty and Mark. Anybody that argues that Mark Martin cant drive a car is a crazy. I like Edwards and Kahne, too. Team-wise I prefer Roush and probably Evernham.

The worst part of Vegas is Jimmy Johnson always wins. Im not a fan of his at all, and it gets annoying watching NASCAR wave the yellow so he can catch up and win. I, as many, cant root for Toyota. I was pretty disappointed when they let them in, but the almighty dollar speaks volumes I guess.

All-in-all, should be an interesting season-can't wait!!! Hopefully TiVO works this year and records the cup races and Busch (or whatever it is this year), instead of the truck races.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:24 AM

Junior, all the way! {I used to drive Chevy's.}He will be hard to beat in his new ride. For 2 years I have been waiting for someone that drives a Ford to spark my interest, so I can start rooting for them. Carl Edwards lives 90 miles south of me, but everybody I know roots for him. I will surely find one before long. I refuse to put a # 8 or 88 on my Ford truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.