06 Sears point Nascar Race!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
06 Sears point Nascar Race!!!

Sorry i didnt get to this earlier...but here is how the day went with a few pics up in sanoma, CA for the race......

We got there about 9am or so. Of corse we walked around, took in the track, got my Fanscan (amazing unit), drank a few beers, and just had fun at the booths. We got down to the grandstands, and checked out the pits about 10. At about 10:30, i watched some of the cars start coming through final inspection. I watched this again about 11:30, the last cars through were JR, Gordon, Stewart, Kyle busch, Mikey waltrip.....i got to my seat and caught the pace laps. Listening to the team communications was awsome, and monitoring the in car cameras was better. As the green flag fell, i called my Old man, like i told him i would. He wanted to hear all 43 cars coming by on the first lap.....But, as the last third of the cars started coming by.....a 5 car (3 towed away) wreck happened RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. It was awsome. i feel sorry for the guys taken out, and Sterling Marlin took a heck of a hit, but it was still cool to see, once i knew everyone was alright......

The race was awsome. Our seats in Turn 9 allowed us to see almost every set up guys put on to make the pass in turn 11. they would fake one way, get the car blocking, then pass in 11. The team communications and the real time scoring was even better. the Fan scan was an awsome unit. i knew where every drive was, lap times in and comparison to the leader, instant points standings, ect.

In the end, the driver i root for won, which makes the race all that much sweeter to go to. I got REALLY close in the victory circle, and i will remember that race forever. To anyone who says "watch a road corse on TV, they are better. they are boring in person"....i say BS...it is WELL worth going to, at least at sanoma!!!!!

myself next to one of Jimmy Johnsons trailer queens

Jeff gordons pit

Dale Jr's pit..notice the pit board is a beer can

Pace lap

turn 2

victory lap

Victory circle interview

Classic Jeff.....Smiling, happy, and confident

Last edited by mschn99; 07-08-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to ndurbin
You got pretty close there to ole Jeffie at the end. Give him a kiss?...........lol
Old 07-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndurbin
You got pretty close there to ole Jeffie at the end. Give him a kiss?...........lol
might have if that big ol dude handt threataned to kill me...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.