Boise State drops to 4th???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Serving Our Country!


 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Silverdale, WA
Posts: 1,638
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Boise State drops to 4th????

For the love of football, seriously? And this is because why?

Oregon jumps Boise St, Texas drops out of AP poll - College Football - Rivals.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 10-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 13,271
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Because Auburn is the shiz nit

War Eagle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 10-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Serving Our Country!


 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Silverdale, WA
Posts: 1,638
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nah, more like no one will play them! They have everything to lose. The BCS just doesn't want them in the championship. It's crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 10-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,498
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. westcoaststrokin View Post
For the love of football, seriously? And this is because why?

Oregon jumps Boise St, Texas drops out of AP poll - College Football - Rivals.com
Because Boise State has a very weak SOS and Oregon just crushed the #9 team in the country in Stanford. Boise State could still be at #3 if VT hadn't lost to JMU. Boise's biggest win was over them, but now VT isn't even ranked in the top 25. #4 in the nation is wishful thinking for Boise fan's anyway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 10-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Still Alive



 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Silverdale, WA
Posts: 27,583
Thanks: 5
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerjokin 6.0 View Post
Because Boise State has a very weak SOS and Oregon just crushed the #9 team in the country in Stanford. Boise State could still be at #3 if VT hadn't lost to JMU. Boise's biggest win was over them, but now VT isn't even ranked in the top 25. #4 in the nation is wishful thinking for Boise fan's anyway
Boise state has a standing challenge to every team in the nation. They will go there and play them. It isn't their fault that all of the power schools would rather play down to pad the stats than play a quality opponent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 10-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,498
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoaststrokin View Post
Boise state has a standing challenge to every team in the nation. They will go there and play them. It isn't their fault that all of the power schools would rather play down to pad the stats than play a quality opponent.
Seems to me like Boise State is the one who is padding there stats. #1 Alabama just played Florida, who is ranked in the top 10. #3 Oregon, just whopped up on Stanford, another #10 team, who has the highest SOS in college football. Oregon's SOS is 4th. Boise's is 21st.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 10-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Still Alive



 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Silverdale, WA
Posts: 27,583
Thanks: 5
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerjokin 6.0 View Post
Seems to me like Boise State is the one who is padding there stats. #1 Alabama just played Florida, who is ranked in the top 10. #3 Oregon, just whopped up on Stanford, another #10 team, who has the highest SOS in college football. Oregon's SOS is 4th. Boise's is 21st.
So the games against San Jose State and Duke were powerhouse games for Bama? What about the game against Ohio for Ohio state? Lets look at Oregon New Mexico and Portland State C'mon man....

Granted BSU's conference schedule is weak but that may be changing. Oh wait it is a team on the west coast so they just suck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 10-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,498
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoaststrokin View Post
So the games against San Jose State and Duke were powerhouse games for Bama? What about the game against Ohio for Ohio state? Lets look at Oregon New Mexico and Portland State C'mon man....

Granted BSU's conference schedule is weak but that may be changing. Oh wait it is a team on the west coast so they just suck.
Yeah man BSU's game yesterday at New Mexico State was a real tough one for them. 59-0 final. The top teams always need a warm-up game, but that seems to be all that Boise State has the rest of the season. Bama's SEC schedule is about to get going, Oregon has USC and UCLA coming up, Ohio State plays at Wisconsin, Penn St., and then Iowa. Those sound like laugher schedules for sure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 10-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Still Alive



 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Silverdale, WA
Posts: 27,583
Thanks: 5
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerjokin 6.0 View Post
Yeah man BSU's game yesterday at New Mexico State was a real tough one for them. 59-0 final. The top teams always need a warm-up game, but that seems to be all that Boise State has the rest of the season. Bama's SEC schedule is about to get going, Oregon has USC and UCLA coming up, Ohio State plays at Wisconsin, Penn St., and then Iowa. Those sound like laugher schedules for sure
New Mexico is a conference game. UCLA is so tough that they almost lost to Washington State and USC lost to Washington. Your argument isn't making sense. If those schools need a warm up game and want to play schools out of BSU's conference why not play the big dog. Oh wait they have nothing to gain by it and the right half of the country will continue to marginalize BSU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 10-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,498
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoaststrokin View Post
New Mexico is a conference game. UCLA is so tough that they almost lost to Washington State and USC lost to Washington. Your argument isn't making sense. If those schools need a warm up game and want to play schools out of BSU's conference why not play the big dog. Oh wait they have nothing to gain by it and the right half of the country will continue to marginalize BSU.
UCLA beat Washington State by 2 touchdowns....I hardly call that almost losing. UCLA also beat Texas at Texas. I just don't know why you BSU fans are unhappy with being ranked #4 in the nation. You guys play nobody and then ***** about it when you don't get to play in the BCS championship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors