Body building - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Body building

Any body builders out there? put up your pic and how long it took you to get your current size.

Heres a pic of me. NO DRUGS. NO SUPPLEMENTS. just years of training and lifting.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'd post a pic, but I don't want to put you to shame. I have a better beer gut!

Or should I say, It's a keg gut in it's current state
Old 09-11-2009, 04:18 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How many years u been lifting?
Old 09-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by avancamp View Post
How many years u been lifting?
Ive been lifting off and on for about 5 years. I started sticking with a program and Ive been doing it for 6 months. Ive noticed that if you start off with lifting and do all your majors (core, arms, chest, back, legs) and the thing that you have to realize is you dont build muscle when you lift, you build it when you recover. I have a short recovery time so I do this every other day. some people may need 2 or 3 days to recover but its all good cause different people have different body types. But what I do is start off stretching then lift. after I get done with my lifting routine I do cardio. about 2 miles at a hard run. Every week I spar with my buddies using MMA rules. I dont know its just something thats fun for me and helps me relaxe and forget all about the stressful stuff.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
To build you also need a proper diet. Throw in some protein shakes to help with your recovery. The amino acids will help build quicker with shorter recovery times. Building muscle won't happen overnight, but in times you will see some significant gains.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copenhagen2450 View Post
Ive been lifting off and on for about 5 years. I started sticking with a program and Ive been doing it for 6 months. Ive noticed that if you start off with lifting and do all your majors (core, arms, chest, back, legs) and the thing that you have to realize is you dont build muscle when you lift, you build it when you recover. I have a short recovery time so I do this every other day. some people may need 2 or 3 days to recover but its all good cause different people have different body types. But what I do is start off stretching then lift. after I get done with my lifting routine I do cardio. about 2 miles at a hard run. Every week I spar with my buddies using MMA rules. I dont know its just something thats fun for me and helps me relaxe and forget all about the stressful stuff.
So are you saying every other day you do core, arms, chest,back,and legs? I lifted for years back in my teens and early twenties. I have not lifted in about 10 or so years and have gained massive amounts of BF. If that is your lifting schedule how did you test your recovery time and come up with that. I am still on BB forums and have followed some BIG guys routines. I have never seen one like you describe. Check out BodyBuilding Dungeon
Old 09-11-2009, 05:59 PM

bigger muscles comes from tearing and ripping the muscle
Old 09-11-2009, 06:00 PM

J. Groves's My Photos Photo Album - MySpace Photos

this is my best bud jordan who was our city body building champ
Old 09-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
To build you also need a proper diet. Throw in some protein shakes to help with your recovery. The amino acids will help build quicker with shorter recovery times. Building muscle won't happen overnight, but in times you will see some significant gains.
Thats right rob, I use peanut butter sandwiches though. Im trying to prove to some people that I know supplements and protien shakes arent the only way to gain muscle. Plus they're something that I dont have the privledge of using, Not a real big income for me. and protien shakes are expensive. peanut butter on 12 grain wheat bread works good also is the point Im trying to make.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:21 PM

JUST MY two cents
Eat ALOT of lean chicken..George Forman Grill!!!
I have always liked to use a (push) and a (pull) work out.for example Chest & Back, Shoulders & Legs, Biceps & Triceps, Core & Cardio...3-4 exercises per body part per day... giving those worked body parts time to rest & recover. Give it a try some time you might like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.