Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

az get toghether

13K views 262 replies 23 participants last post by  willypscustoms 
#1 ·
i saw a few guys wanting to get together in cali but its too far i thought we should do an az get together. their are quite a lot of us here in az. any wan want to do this let me know we could do a cook out or something. any ideas on dates or what you want to to. im all ears.

#73 ·
I thought maybe it would be nice to keep this thread a little more orderly as far as the members that are coming....so lets periodically do updates throughout it. Im impressed with the showing so far!!!

So far its tentatively...

Willypscustoms
Marc
Julie
Red73psd
7.3pwrstroke
Dieselman77
02F2504x47.3L
Tonyf250
Heat
Carlson158
Lifewitlooie

#77 ·
anybody and everybody is invited.

Willy, we need to change the name to Southwest meet & greet. Vegas is so close, and many large cities in in NM, everybody should come and hang together.

Speedworld is super close to shawn's in surprise. Meet and greet in the pits there would be fun a hell. Maybe we can even make some fun runs down the 1/4. Here in PHX there are so many options. Lake, park, speedworld all have supersized parking for our supersized rigs

#78 ·
southwest meet n greet i have made the drive from dfw many times its alright i use to live in burleson.

#79 ·
I sent PM's last night to a few members in AZ, and will search for more tonight and see if we can pump this thing up.

Jules, by the way.... I'm shawn last name brown

we have a bit of time to set the perfect location so if anyone has ideas lets hear them. We are getting a good turnout so far so we will need alot of room.

Imagine next year:punk:

#80 ·
Make sure to look at Socal....new mexico..and texas members as well.

I will send out a mass email in about three weeks to all the AZ members to get everyone noticing it:thumb:

#82 ·
Yeah, I forgot about SpeedWorld. That would be a great time!

#86 ·
Yeah, it would be hella convenient for me, too! :thumb: I'm just hoping it won't still be too hot around here for everyone comin from out of town.

#87 ·
Just got off the phone with them....if we want to do that we will need to move the date...BUT they want to work with us and were impressed by what i think we can have as a showing. DHRA was just there and only brought 30 or so total trucks (all brands)...i dont see were we cant do at least 20 trucks...

I need a local contact to help me deal with them and meet with them in person.... Dieselman..u want to take that on??

#93 ·
We would love nothing more than to have the .Org big dog come to this event.

So Far this looks very promising. I'm also going to get with the AZ Powerstrokers club, and invite them. Just might help get a few new members to the org.

I'm always bummed that there are never any diesel events in AZ. I'm thinking in the coming years that this will be changing in a hurry.

#95 ·
That's a great idea getting with the AZ Powerstroke club. I'm betting this event will be BIG. I'll see how things are going with my work as it gets closer because it would be great to come meet y'all and hang out. :)

#98 ·
i was hoping to have the track all done by tuesday or wednesday...when you call ill explain but we may have a thing or two to add to this after we know for sure on the track.

#101 ·
yah kinda blows for diesel events and for clubs a lot of they guys here that drive p strokes are kinda punks i have a few friends that have p stroke i could prolly get them to come. i would love for more diesel stuff to happen in az.

#102 ·
What do you think of the plans so far willy. You started this thread and we Value your opinion

Man I have been dreaming of doing something like this for a long time. If you look at the events that go on in the east and midwest, they look like so much fun.

I guess I had always hoped somebody would jump up and do something, that somebody is going to be the members of the org. Leave it tp us Powerstrokers:thumb:

#103 ·
k....we need to decide with all of this together though....

do we want to keep this just an ORG thing, or do we want to go BIG with it? The downside of going big is we will have other brands and it will be a lot more work...particularly to the couple guys that take most of it on (myself and whomever else)...

the upside is we could get some HUGE promotion for the site and really get ourselves recognized if we get a big event goin....

DHRA was only able to get like 30 trucks for the one they held at that track a few weeks ago...i KNOW we can top that if we go multi brand with it, but the ORG will still be the "one who is putting it on" even if we bring other groups in. Also...the bigger it is the better chance we have of maybe getting a trophy for our class and get sponsors to pay to be on T shirts to allow us to get Tshirts for everyone for free...

whats everyone think??

#104 ·
i too had a dream that one day our the southwest sector of powerstroke.org would rise up and have a great meet and great. well in all seriousness this is awesome i think its cool we have the best forum on the net and also the best group of people. its sweet and i cant wait till we all get to meet. yah i know all the guys in the mid west and east have soo much fun. i tried to do this a year ago and pretty much had no response it just shows how far the org. has come along its sweet and i cant wait to meet all of you. the part i was talking about was their are some guys in Tucson and phoenix who are stuck up when i pass i wave and they just act like they dont see me because they think their truck is better or like they are too bad a$$ to wave back its usually guys my age all the older guys either wave first or wave back. o well i just am exited about sept. i all need to do is get some new tires for my ride.

#105 · (Edited)
thats cool with me if its cool with everyone else i just want to meet everyone from the site and have fun their is really no diesel events in az that i know of. if we do do a big thing we should print up some small flyers to pass out and to put and some places in Tucson and phoenix to get more diesel guys. i will do all i can to help with what ever we decide to do

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.