Best Upstate Diesel Mechanic - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Other vehicle is an F250

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Best Upstate Diesel Mechanic

What has everyone's experience been with having their Powerstrokes serviced in the Upstate? Who's the best with 7.3 powerstrokes?

Last edited by Hank; 12-21-2007 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Need response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Other vehicle is an F250

Wow! Posted this almost two years ago and not one reply. Doesn't say much for diesel mechanics in Upstate SC.

One of you young (old old) guys ought to consider this area to start a diesel repair business!
Old 07-18-2009, 05:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I don't know a lot. But I know the basics. That might be a good start for me here in Greenville.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:43 AM
Other vehicle is an F250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ears93 View Post
I don't know a lot. But I know the basics. That might be a good start for me here in Greenville.
There you go! I have talked with a shop in Easley but have not used them yet. I do plan to give 'em a test.

I don't think I have ever "talked" with you. We'd love to have you in the CPA.

FI, eh? I am the architect that produced the design for FI's fire department HQ expansion and the new sub-station. I like working with FI. Nice bunch of folks.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I've been on a couple other forums lately. So that's probably why we haven't talked.
As far as shops, the only thing I've heard around here is the dealer. I here they have a great tech at Fairway on Laurens rd. Either the tech or his service writer's name is Morty or something. I haven't heard about any independent shops for diesels though.
I had my friend at Dacusville transmission rebuild my trans and haven't had any problems. And I have done all of the other work. I get enough info off of mainly these forums and at work so I can learn to do it myself. I hate spending money on stuff I might be able to do.
I'm always riding by FIFD. I live near there and my dad works at Burdette hardware. Its actually his van but I keep it up and drive it a lot myself.
Its great here in FI. Everyone seems to be nice. Of course there are bad areas, but that's anywhere you go and its not as bad as some places.
Can I get some more info on CPA?
Nick
Old 07-18-2009, 07:15 AM
Other vehicle is an F250

PM sent Ears. Check us out.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
What has everyone's experience been with having their Powerstrokes serviced in the Upstate? Who's the best with 7.3 powerstrokes?
OH YEAH! I forgot. You need to check out Amazon Tuning Solutions in Anderson if you haven't heard of them already. amazonracing.com Rick is one of the smartest people I know around here. He did an 03 cobra for me a couple years ago and the thing ran great. He has done trucks too but I can't find anyone around here who has done one. I know a coulpe of people that have had there mustangs, lightnings, and harley F150s done by him. He also knows some people at Ford Motor Company and is very nice and will sit there and talk to you for a while. I was expecting him to tell me he had work to do and for me to go away but he seem ed to enjoy talking about his work.

He also has a dyno so maybe a dyno day would be good too.

Nick
Old 09-26-2009, 08:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Lowdown89 Send a message via Yahoo to Lowdown89
i heard diesel power on white horse rd does good work but they are kinda pricy.... i havnt had any work done by them so i can verify that thought. i couldnt find a reasonably priced mechanic when i needed to do my injectors so me and my friend mike who runs a small car lot/ auto repair shop ended up putting them in... oh and nick your right Rick is a great guy and really good with tuning!!!
Old 09-26-2009, 08:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowdown89 View Post
i heard diesel power on white horse rd does good work but they are kinda pricy.... i havnt had any work done by them so i can verify that thought. i couldnt find a reasonably priced mechanic when i needed to do my injectors so me and my friend mike who runs a small car lot/ auto repair shop ended up putting them in... oh and nick your right Rick is a great guy and really good with tuning!!!
Do you have any of his tunes?
Old 09-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Lowdown89 Send a message via Yahoo to Lowdown89
no, i have had some friends that had their cars tuned by him, and i have talked to him a few times at local mustang gatherings and what not and he just seemed like a really down to earth guy who knew his stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.