SC Get-Together Suggestions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2007, 03:44 PM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SC Get-Together Suggestions

Well, we have a few members on the board and since we can't let the NC guys have all the fun, let's get something going.

If anyone has any suggestions on dates and locations or venues, list them here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2007, 04:59 PM
The Fat Mod

We will let yall come to ours

I love the mini-mod by the way
Old 08-21-2007, 05:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Logan,

I don't think it has anything to do with NC vs SC - matter of fact there are a few of us who would like to see an inclusive Carolinas PSD group formed and have worked to that end.

However, the geographic nature of the two states makes that rather difficult; so more localized gtg's are probably better places to start with events such as the Winston-Salem Meet & Greet in November being a seasonal regional event.

So, back to pipelayer's OP, once this thread gets a little more notice we will see who is really interested enough to hang out locally and see who shows up in NC in Nov.

I'm flexible in regards to location and Saturdays usually work out OK. Last Saturday was just hangin' out at somebody's house, taking some pictures, going to a local eatery and hangin' out some more in the parking lot.

It would be nice to see people from all the boards at whatever gtg happens, but that requires a lot of effort to get info posted multiple places. Places such as T D S get lots of views but minimal replies. T D G gets a core group of folks - and most of the people in attendance were from that board. P S N had a showing at the recent gtg which was great as well. I've personally neglected posting here until after this gtg, but that was sheer ignorance on my part. Let's not even talk about F T E

Ideally, we could put together our own board with links directly to it from all the others, but we don't live in an ideal world.

prt
Old 08-21-2007, 05:38 AM
Jon

Oh

I see, Layer of the pipe wants to get a border war going! Na just kidding. That would be cool. Just do it before Scotts so you dont have to try and out do us.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:32 AM
Retired Army

I am in Columbia and would be interested in a gtg in SC. Traveling to Winston-Salem is probably not a viable option for me. I will pay attention and see where we go from here.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to SteveKran Send a message via Yahoo to SteveKran
Quote:
Originally Posted by rum4 View Post
I am in Columbia and would be interested in a gtg in SC. Traveling to Winston-Salem is probably not a viable option for me. I will pay attention and see where we go from here.

I'm just outside Columbia, in Irmo. I'd be interested in a get together sometime
Old 10-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to southern7.3
heck yea sc gtg still up in the air bout nc gtg distance isnt a problem at all its just being busy as h{!!
Old 01-02-2008, 02:59 AM
Retired Army

Any plans for a GTG
Old 01-10-2008, 12:16 AM
SMOKE ROLLER

I was too busy to make the NC get together, I would like to get something going. Maybe something in Cola, it in the heart of the state. Or maybe something in Augusta, GA for SC, GA, & NC. I could work on something like that. We always have local car clubs doing things @ the Hooter's parking lot (it's huge). Maybe I could talk my buddy (GM for one of the local Ford dealers) into sponsoring some of it...
Old 02-06-2008, 09:32 AM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescuediver View Post
I was too busy to make the NC get together, I would like to get something going. Maybe something in Cola, it in the heart of the state. Or maybe something in Augusta, GA for SC, GA, & NC. I could work on something like that. We always have local car clubs doing things @ the Hooter's parking lot (it's huge). Maybe I could talk my buddy (GM for one of the local Ford dealers) into sponsoring some of it...
Ok, time to get this thing going.
I'm thinking of a small GTG this Spring in the Columbia area.

We can start there and see how it goes. Any input on a date or place?

It would be cool if we could have it at a Ford Dealer. We could tailgate or have food brought in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.