Join Date: Nov 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mods I can do??
So I've been reading most of the evening in the 7.3 section of the website. I have a lot of questions.
1) Someone said that they have sticks?? Is this different injectors, or were they referring to head studs??
2) What are head studs and what purpose do they serve??
3) If I get aftermarket injectors, can I use my stock HPOP or will I need to get one from like Terminator Engineering?? Will I need to get a different turbo before I do this??
4) I'm really wanting to get a Cold Air Intake for my truck. The little tabs on my air filter box housing are broke on one side. I have a friend at work thats really adament about me getting a K&N CAI for it, but after reading tonight I know thats not gonna be the case. Brands I've been looking at are AFE, Green, Volant, and Airaid. This is the biggest thing I wanna do right now. This is the one I need most help with at the moment.
5) I would like to put a chip in my truck. Not sure which one to get or what to look for. When looking at different ones I see 80hp, 100hp or 140hp. Does this add that much horse power to what you already have?? Or does hp stand for something totally different??
6) I'm wanting to put a leveling kit on my truck. Its 2wd and I'm also wanting to put bigger tires on. Right now I have LT265/75/16's on. I'd like to go bigger. I was thinking about 305/70's. What would be the biggest size I can put?? Now I wish I had gotten a 4wd, but I dont regret my buying my truck whatsoever.
I'm really new to the Diesel World. I appreciate all the help I can get.
99.5 F-250 6spd
No mods yet but coming.....