SP~Exuctive descision!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Sooner Powerstrokers Oklahoma Chapter Area

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SP~Exuctive descision!!

Hello SP members and PSD fans, i am making an executive decision to void the poll to amend the chapter by laws or to make some changes. so listen up!!!! it was my fault and i made the thread, so i take full BLAME for it!!!! and with that being said, i am using/abusing my authority to do this, i have inside information about the "chapters" as a whole, what i am saying is that if we do not make the anticipated events as a whole (SP chapter) we will not be removed or lose our chapter cause of that (lack of participation from SP members), this (chapter stuff) is still in it's infancy on this forum, nothing is set in stone. we will do the best that we can with meets and g2g from within the state or even outside of the state and learn from them as a whole. Overall, we need to try our best as a group and make this work with out more polls or drama about by laws.

if you have any problem with this decision, then PM me directly, dont make comments that can get you into trouble with the mods or admins on this forum...

Thanks for your cooperation....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2008, 06:42 AM

I agree i think we need to just concentrate on having as many g2g as possible for the rest of the year and then see where we are in a few months.

I am not just saying this because Joe is my husband i have felt this way from the beginning. I believe the org will work with our chapter since this is the first year and we may need to make some adjustments.

Lets just try to continue to get the word out about our Sooner Powerstrokers chapter and with time i believe it will grow.

I think if we have any worries about the chapter being closed we need to go directly to the mods and find out what there suggestions are to keep the chapter going before we start jumping to all kinds of conclusions.

i am just giving my .

So lets party we have 2 meets trying to be planned so come on Sooner Powerstrokers get involved and give us your comments on the plans.

Thanks
Tracy
Old 07-25-2008, 08:36 PM
I don't know nuttin....

Um, Joe, there is no "executive power" that goes with being a director.
Joe, no staff member of a chapter has any more power than any other member...what are you doing for the love of pete (whos pete anyway ).

I don't know what your talking about with this "inside information" but i have a pretty dern good ider and i think your hanging with the wrong pokes.

The poll was carried out as written in the rules and no one can turn back the clock on it man. I do'nt know what else to say besides you just can't do this...you just can't man, this is a democracy situation and the members who voted say it all. Everyone got one vote.

Russ, would you go ahead and write in the changes to the By-Laws please.

Last edited by Clay Henry; 07-25-2008 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
What's up Joe? We brought the chapters on tailored off of other forums who have successful chapters. We said all along this was going to be a trial and make it fit the ORG but you're a bit militant in your post IMO. Kick back and we'll make the chapters work - or we'll kill 'em all together.
You seem to be in a bunch about something. You've got my # - call me if you've got an issue you'd like to discuss.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHenry View Post
Um, Joe, there is no "executive power" that goes with being a director.
Joe, no staff member of a chapter has any more power than any other member...what are you doing for the love of pete (whos pete anyway ).

I don't know what your talking about with this "inside information" but i have a pretty dern good ider and i think your hanging with the wrong pokes.

The poll was carried out as written in the rules and no one can turn back the clock on it man. I do'nt know what else to say besides you just can't do this...you just can't man, this isn't a democracy situation and the members who voted say it all. Everyone got one vote.

Russ, would you go ahead and write in the changes to the By-Laws please.
nope, i have talked to Big Tone about this, the chapters are not going to be dis banded due to lack of participation yet, it will take time but we need to ease up some and just do the best we can, as for the bylaws, let them go, there is no need to keep beating a dead horse.

no you dont, just because i am friends with Brant does not mean "he" influences what i do or say on his forum or any other forum for that matter.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodslinger View Post
What's up Joe? We brought the chapters on tailored off of other forums who have successful chapters. We said all along this was going to be a trial and make it fit the ORG but you're a bit militant in your post IMO. Kick back and we'll make the chapters work - or we'll kill 'em all together.
You seem to be in a bunch about something. You've got my # - call me if you've got an issue you'd like to discuss.
my intentions are not militant at all, there is plenty of humor in my remarks in my post,

that was my point, we need to kick back and let it ride it out..if we go ahead with the by laws to be added, then it will continue to stir unwanted emotions among the SP members...

the sad thing is this was posted last Friday night, no one has sent me a pm or posted until about 4 days after the thread was made.

and i am not in a bunch over something.......
Old 07-25-2008, 09:59 PM
I don't know nuttin....

Joe, di dyou call Alan? He offered to talk about this.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:17 PM
I don't know nuttin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strőkër~X View Post
nope, i have talked to Big Tone about this, the chapters are not going to be dis banded due to lack of participation yet, it will take time but we need to ease up some and just do the best we can, as for the bylaws, let them go, there is no need to keep beating a dead horse.

no you dont, just because i am friends with Brant does not mean "he" influences what i do or say on his forum or any other forum for that matter.
I understand what Big tone is saying and i kinda figured the ORG wasn't going to pull our rug out from under us suddenly if we didn't make quota the first year on member attendance.
The point is the By laws are in place and we need to conform to them reguardless. This is a trial deal as far as the by laws set by the ORG and they will massage them some as time goes by to better meet the chapter wishes but at this time they are what they are and we as a chapter voted to amend ours and thats what is in motion...not to be stopped by any one individual.

The ORG bylaws state clearly that no staff member shall have any power over any other member of the chapter so you can not just come in and say
"this is what we are going to do". Sorry man but it just isn't set up that way.

There is nothing esle here to debate really.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Joe, di dyou call Alan? He offered to talk about this.
no, even though it was very late and Alan was on, this is not a big deal. i can catch him on Sat sometime.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:46 AM

Quote:
I understand what Big tone is saying and i kinda figured the ORG wasn't going to pull our rug out from under us suddenly if we didn't make quota the first year on member attendance.
The point is the By laws are in place and we need to conform to them reguardless. This is a trial deal as far as the by laws set by the ORG and they will massage them some as time goes by to better meet the chapter wishes but at this time they are what they are and we as a chapter voted to amend ours and thats what is in motion...
not to be stopped by any one individual.

The ORG bylaws state clearly that no staff member shall have any power over any other member of the chapter so you can not just come in and say
"this is what we are going to do". Sorry man but it just isn't set up that way.

There is nothing esle here to debate really.
exactly, then why do we need to move forward and continue to make polls and run this like a business???

and who thinks this is a debate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.