Amendment to the Bylaws? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Sooner Powerstrokers Oklahoma Chapter Area

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Amendment to the Bylaws?

Folk's, hate to do it but without more participation, it will happen!

Clay, me and RDC and Darrell talked about this while at Clays house a couple of weeks ago, we as "Sooner Powerstrokers" should have 2 meet and greets or functions already in the books, (Texoma and Clay's house) but with so many people wanting to be in then asking to be on the membership list then completely disappearing all together, that is what is hurting us as a Chapter, we have almost (not sure) 50 peeps, with that is hurting us as a group.
Russ (rdc) was asked to make some bylaws to added or amended into our by-laws.
as Director, i say we get this going for the better of the .ORG and our chapter!

It has been suggested to change the bylaws to facilitate removal of members from the Sooner Powerstrokers chapter for non participation. Essentially the problem is this; non participation by a quorum of the chapter members results in not being able to count a meeting toward the Forum's requirement for our chapter to remain in compliance.
To ensure our members have the opportunity to join and participate we must conform the Forum's requirements. Therefore the following amendments to the Bylaws have been proposed:
1. In order to maintain membership in good standing all members must participate in at least (2) number of official meetings/get togethers each year.
2. In order to maintain membership in good standing, all members must post at least one message on the SoonerPowerStrokers forum per month or 30 day period.
3. Any member may remove their name from the membership roles at any time via e-mail message.
4. Failure to comply with the proposed changes to the Bylaws will result in removal from the membership roles with no further action or notice required.

please post any thoughts or even discontent in this thread.....

and please think about your post before submitting it!

Last edited by Strőkër~X; 06-26-2008 at 08:11 AM. Reason: removed "Forum" from paragraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
I say lay off of people for a while... Its the middle of summer - everyone's trying to pay for fuel and other things and meets and all are the farthest things from all but the die-hards minds.

Just keep making plans for meets and let it build... there's a lot of time to get things going and no need to try to start kicking people off already. Give it time - this is happening in more places than this club... summers are just slower for internet/club traffic... and especially right now with fuel/mod/extra $$$ few and far between.

Plus, summer is likely the busiest time of the year for most members... no need to start trying to kick people off when the club has barely gotten its feet off the ground????

Last edited by Blue01F250; 06-25-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:49 PM

how do you mean?

im not chastising anyone!
Old 06-25-2008, 06:59 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

I am not in the SPs by any means. But, as a chapter director, i have seen the same thing going on in our chapter, C.P.A. We had an influx of members saying they wanna be a part of the CPA, and then not showing any interest by voting on decisions, or comming to events or even as much as posting on the forums. All they wanted to know was about buying a sticker and a T-shirt. The officers have had many discussions about what qualifies you as a member. I think it comes down to what you did in the year as far as participation on the forum, and attendance to the events. But then comes the argument about who is really interested and who just 'plays the part' I think its a good thing that you have made this amendment to your by laws. I hope we dont have the same problem with our members, but if we do, I was already thinking of this solution. Good luck fellas, and Keep the coal Rollin!!!

BTW.....if you dont wanna hear my input, or comments, or they are not welcome just tell me and I will go back to my corner and shut up! If not..well....then I guess thats a good thing! Later fellow Strokers!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:02 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
Well, thats all well and good if the chapter had been around for a year - I agree, then its easy to start picking out the ones who are not participating and clean house.. but with less than 2 months in.. I think its rather hard to start imposing certain restrictions/requirements on people and kick them out just so we can meet a #...

just give it time... if you build it....
Old 06-25-2008, 07:04 PM

Chastising? are we gonna get biblical on there ***

"And Joe smoted the nonparticipating members" thus sayeth the chapter historian.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC SuperTech View Post
I am not in the SPs by any means. But, as a chapter director, i have seen the same thing going on in our chapter, C.P.A. We had an influx of members saying they wanna be a part of the CPA, and then not showing any interest by voting on decisions, or comming to events or even as much as posting on the forums. All they wanted to know was about buying a sticker and a T-shirt. The officers have had many discussions about what qualifies you as a member. I think it comes down to what you did in the year as far as participation on the forum, and attendance to the events. But then comes the argument about who is really interested and who just 'plays the part' I think its a good thing that you have made this amendment to your by laws. I hope we dont have the same problem with our members, but if we do, I was already thinking of this solution. Good luck fellas, and Keep the coal Rollin!!!

BTW.....if you dont wanna hear my input, or comments, or they are not welcome just tell me and I will go back to my corner and shut up! If not..well....then I guess thats a good thing! Later fellow Strokers!
nope, that was said perfectly.
thanks, this is what our discussion was all about.

we need input from SP members, Thanks HVAC supertech!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Banned

You must be kidding me....BYLAWS for a powerstroke FUN club. WITF is this world coming to
Old 06-25-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tone View Post
Chastising? are we gonna get biblical on there ***

"And Joe smoted the nonparticipating members" thus sayeth the chapter historian.
LMAO Big Tone, and what the heck is that second part?
Old 06-25-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Performance Oil Products View Post
You must be kidding me....BYLAWS for a powerstroke FUN club. WITF is this world coming to
thanks for chiming in Shawn, yup dont want to throw this away on members who just want the sticker or a shirt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.