6.4 dedicated puller? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Sled Pulling How-to, FAQs

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 10:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4 dedicated puller?

Hey guys after I get my 7.3 paid off I want to get a 6.4 and make it a dedicated puller/dirt drag truck. I plan on going work truck model because there's no point in getting a lariat when I'm not going to be driving it daily. But I wasn't sure what style cab and bed I should go with. I heard that the longer the better so it would make sense to get a cc lb but they cost a little more and are heavier which isn't the best for dirt drags. I was thinking rc lb because that would be the cheapest and quickest for dirt drags but not so sure how it would do pulling. So I just need some advice from some experienced pullers on what to do. Oh and I plan on pulling in work stock maybe 2.6 depends on how big I want to go
Thanks in advance

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2013, 08:38 AM

Bump

Old 09-28-2013, 08:58 AM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If your planning on buying a "new" truck y not just get a nicer rig and make the 7.3 that would be paid off already into a dedicated puller/dirt drag truck? Why would anyone make payments on something that is going to be off road use only and pulling/dirt drags is not meant for something that shouldn't spend a lot of time broken, the concept just doesn't make since to me
Old 09-28-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
If your planning on buying a "new" truck y not just get a nicer rig and make the 7.3 that would be paid off already into a dedicated puller/dirt drag truck? Why would anyone make payments on something that is going to be off road use only and pulling/dirt drags is not meant for something that shouldn't spend a lot of time broken, the concept just doesn't make since to me
Well I would but to make a 7.3 competitive I'd have to put a **** ton of money into it. And if I got a 6.4 the payments would very small and would only be like a 2 year loan. This is awhile on down the road so I can get a huge down payment saved up. I would like to get a nicer 6.4 and make my 7.3 the puller but like I said to make it competitve around here I would have to dump a lot of money into it

Old 09-28-2013, 09:16 AM

I don't have a problem making my 7.3 a puller but it's a lot easier to get power out of a 6.4 than it is a 7.3

Old 09-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
But the 6.4 even though it's a great power house of a truck is just as expensive, the truck will cost you about 20-25k, the tuner is about another grand, the studs your gonna need and the deletes, and the ladder bars, the tires, it all adds up, to be comptetitive with a 7.3, you need tunes, sticks, hpop, supporting mods, turbo, wheels, ladder bars, and your still under 10k, and it's still a dd but it's better to spend wisely then throw a crap ton at a new truck with the cost of mods
Old 09-28-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
But the 6.4 even though it's a great power house of a truck is just as expensive, the truck will cost you about 20-25k, the tuner is about another grand, the studs your gonna need and the deletes, and the ladder bars, the tires, it all adds up, to be comptetitive with a 7.3, you need tunes, sticks, hpop, supporting mods, turbo, wheels, ladder bars, and your still under 10k, and it's still a dd but it's better to spend wisely then throw a crap ton at a new truck with the cost of mods
Yeah that's true, I didn't factor in the main cost (the truck itself) and most of the 6.4s I've been looking at are 12-17k because I was going to do the basic work truck package so maybe it would be better to make my 7.3 the puller and get a nice cc lariat 6.4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.