Sled Pulling How-to, FAQs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 04-25-2013, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What tune to pull with

Just as it says, local pull coming up here soon and I'm thinking about it. I run looney wild track as dd but would imagine that's gonna be way to hot. I also have her tow tune not re written for studs or my 175/stock injectors. These are my only two options besides stock. What yall think, or usually do for those with experience?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
05 250. Lariet. 4x4.
arp studs w/oem gaskets & all updates
Warren 175cc/stock sticks
Egr delete
Zoodad
New oil cooler
Coolant filter w/ zerex ec-1(homemade)
4" turbo back, straight piped
SCT livewire (running TSD SPD)
KC Turbos 1.5
Blue spring upgrade
riff raff boots
Ccv reroute (dump to atmosphere)
Air Horn Kit
high idle
Pro comp "bullet hole style" 17" w/ 35" nitto trail grapplers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-25-2013, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Subbed interested what everyone has to say I'm also looking to pull my truck this year.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2006 f350 eclb 6 speed, powermax, billet compressor wheel, valair dual disk, 4in to 6in cat stack, afe magnum force stage 2, airdog 150, xdp sump, zoodad mod, sinister coolant filter, gauges egt oil temp and fuel pressure, cfm carbon fiber and metal cold side tub, blue spring, bpd ficm, moto metal 959 18x9 wrapped with cooper at3, custom shift knob from lilpooh, Polk audio all the way around, dashboss for monitoring
post #3 of 10 Old 04-26-2013, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

No one has any input?

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

05 250. Lariet. 4x4.
Egr delete
Zoodad
New oil cooler
KC Turbos 1.5
Blue spring upgrade
riff raff boots
Air Horn Kit
high idle
post #4 of 10 Old 04-26-2013, 04:31 PM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
From what I have been told in the past by guys that pull every year is to put it on the hottest tunes and hammer down.

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, TSD tunes, Auto Meter gauges, Edge CTS, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
post #5 of 10 Old 04-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Premium Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Might be something to discuss with your tuner. I sure wouldn't load a drag race tune and run WFO. But that's because I depend on my truck every day. If it were... say... my "toy" and I didn't need it every day then I might be a little more aggressive. Pulling is hard on trucks and adding a hot tune is only harder.

'06 F250 FX4 6.0L typical bolt on
post #6 of 10 Old 04-26-2013, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

I realize the risk and certainly don't want to break anything, or anything major anyway, a u joint I can deal with. I'm thinking having a mild tune written might do me good. Get some good results without breaking the truck

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

05 250. Lariet. 4x4.
Egr delete
Zoodad
New oil cooler
KC Turbos 1.5
Blue spring upgrade
riff raff boots
Air Horn Kit
high idle
post #7 of 10 Old 04-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I definatly wouldn't pull without track bars. And make sure your in 4 lo. Talk to your tuner, they can tweak your tune for sledding.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-26-2013, 05:06 PM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Another thing to consider since you have coil overs in the front is to get some buddies on the front of the truck to sink it down a bit and ratchet strap the coils down some to help with wheel hop.

I will say this.... I have not pulled yet, but several of my friends from the truck club do A LOT and these are all things they have talked about and or done in the past.

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, TSD tunes, Auto Meter gauges, Edge CTS, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
post #9 of 10 Old 04-26-2013, 06:41 PM

Full fuel tune wtfo lmao I wanna build a set of ladder bars for sure I get some wrap just stomping it on the road I'm also a stick so I'm thinking 4lo third gear dunno??

2006 f350 eclb 6 speed, powermax, billet compressor wheel, valair dual disk, 4in to 6in cat stack, afe magnum force stage 2, airdog 150, xdp sump, zoodad mod, sinister coolant filter, gauges egt oil temp and fuel pressure, cfm carbon fiber and metal cold side tub, blue spring, bpd ficm, moto metal 959 18x9 wrapped with cooper at3, custom shift knob from lilpooh, Polk audio all the way around, dashboss for monitoring
post #10 of 10 Old 07-27-2013, 07:03 AM
Doesn't Even Care

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
I.well tell you all this.....on the street with hot tunes, i can get egts up there in the 1500+ range no problem..but on the track, not spraying water, my egts never got over 1600....when you put the truck under extreme loads the engine works much more efficiently and it flows better abd the egts don't skyrocket like in the street. Before I had Tony build me a sled pull tune, I used his extreme tune. So my advice is use a hot tune, and let her eat....oh and DON'T look at the egt gauge....ots not hot enough for long enough to hurt something...you might flip out if you look at it..haha

Nick
E99/CC/Lariat/Factory Wide Body Kit
"The Mistress"
Power Hungry Performance HYDRA Chip
Custom Tuned by Bill@PHP, Tony Wildman@Total Diesel Performance and Lars@Gearhead

D66 w/Dieselsite WW2, Full Force 250/100s, Adrenalin HPOP, Built Trans, Walbro Fuel Pump, S&B Intake, 6" Stacks, Leveling Kit, Eagle Alloy Wheels, 315/75/16 Grabber AT2s & Much More

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode